• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

OK, maybe I want too much at once, doesn't hurt with depth in quality if we can shift some players on

Can't say I've heard of him. Alan - you watch French football. What's he like?

He's okay, never did much to screw Angers season up but nothing like a world-beater and I'm not sure he's really an upgrade on what we already have.

Much of Angers success last season was due to the incredible form of Cheikh N'doye; I worry that Saiss may have been made to look better than he is by having N'doye next to him having the season of his life.

As depth signings go he's not a terrible one but I would classify it as "wait and see", similar to the John signing.

He's okay, never did much to screw Angers season up but nothing like a world-beater and I'm not sure he's really an upgrade on what we already have.

Much of Angers success last season was due to the incredible form of Cheikh N'doye; I worry that Saiss may have been made to look better than he is by having N'doye next to him having the season of his life.

As depth signings go he's not a terrible one but I would classify it as "wait and see", similar to the John signing.

Thank God for that! Alan doesn't think he's very good so we're basically signing the next Patrick Vieira!

Does seem like Saiss is more of a holding midfielder than a centre half.

I wonder if we'll be looking at him and Oniangue as a pair with Teix and two from Wallace/Costa/John/Graham behind Dicko or Bod.

We'd have a hell of a lot central midfielders then. We'd have to be shipping a couple of them off along with Byrne and probably Henry.

I think obviously a few will move out but i see Walter rotating the players around against different sides to keep it fresh and we now have players of all styles that can play anyway we want to.

Thank God for that! Alan doesn't think he's very good so we're basically signing the next Patrick Vieira!

Maybe I've presented it just so to get your hopes up. :icon_wink:

A lot of chatter about this now. Timbo has 'confirmed' we want Saïss.

Thelwell just hates Jack Price. Hopefully it's Coady who gets shown the door and Saïss, Price & Evans competing for DM.

We haven't got any news on Evans' injury yet have we?

All very exciting but I remember the last raft of foreign players of whom one turned out to be good. However we do have a management team with wide European knowledge and experience so hoping for a better outcome.

If the rest of the foreign players perform to the level of the two foreign players who've featured regularly so far I'll be more than happy.

From what I have read he is a bruiser but if he is anything like Sergio I will soon be in love.

If we are sticking with 433 or some variation on it with 3 CM's, then as a manager I'd want at least 6 people capable of playing that, obviously you'd have your favourites but I want 5 good enough to be in rotation and 1 minimum as backup.

Price, Prince of Congo, Evans, Saville, Edwards, Coddy.

If I could get away with it I'd be tempted to run that 7 deep too. Plenty of flexibility and scope to set up totally differently with the natural variations in the games of those listed above too.

Talisca to Besiktas CONFIRMED.

Sleep well, sweet prince.

I don't believe we were ever in for him. Mendes just using us to raise his profile in the give and take relationship we now have. Today being a wonderful microcosm of this, his client Mourinho gives us a potentially great left back on loan whilst we take another Benfica player on loan who plays in the same position as one of the other Benfica players we already have on loan

Why does 'Thelwell hate Jack Price'? Load of bollocks! He's given him a couple of new contracts over the past few years. It's up to the Head Coach(es) whether they pick him or how they want to use him.

I reckon another striker and then we are done. We really should have 4 strikers competing for 2 places.

Back