• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Both Bodvarsson and Oniangue have the look of being Thelwell recommendations IMO.

Now that we have the budget to actually get the targets we want, I imagine we'll finally get a sense of just how good Thelwell's infamous dossiers actually are.

Both Bodvarsson and Oniangue have the look of being Thelwell recommendations IMO.

Now that we have the budget to actually get the targets we want, I imagine we'll finally get a sense of just how good Thelwell's infamous dossiers actually are.

Indeed, I would think the pressure is on him to deliver now. I hope he does for our sake. I also wish he'd stop the infatuation with getting rid of Jack Price, a perfectly good midfielder for this level. Hopefully Zenga tells him who he wants from now on.

I'd agree with most that we could do with another striker as Dicko is still broken, Bod can't do it all on his own every game and Mason can't play up top on his own.

I'd quite like to see a young powerful striker come in who wants to prove themselves.

I also wish he'd stop the infatuation with getting rid of Jack Price, .

Wasn't it Thelwell that saved Price under Mick? Mick certainly didn't want him and had no plans to use him but the Kevster won the day.

I wonder if there is still an issue with Price and his migraines. He has missed 2 blocks of games after suffering from them after playing but there hasn't been much said in the last year (probably because all Wolves fans were suffering from them for a whole season)

A useful exercise at this point is to go back and read the first page of this thread again...

Sounds like Romain Saiss in next

Sounds like Romain Saiss in next

That would make sense. The dude who wrote the article about Zenga's career (after he joined), and then got invited in to meet Walter after, has just posted the following -

Hearing news of a third signing that's close to completion. It could be a very exciting week ahead! #wwfc

Went on to say it was a CB/DM.

Although he hasn't confirmed it's Saiss, that would definitely be us done for defensive reinforcements you'd have to think. Looks a direct upgrade on Hause, an older, skillful ball-playing defender who can also provide cover in midfield, that'll do.

Can't say I've heard of him. Alan - you watch French football. What's he like?

Angers finished 9th in Ligue 1 last season so they're no mugs.

Can't say I've ever seen him play, but looks like a decent addition on paper.

Although he hasn't confirmed it's Saiss, that would definitely be us done for defensive reinforcements you'd have to think. Looks a direct upgrade on Hause, an older, skillful ball-playing defender who can also provide cover in midfield, that'll do.

Have him down as more of a defensive midfielder then CB (although he can play both), so would assume it's actually - surprise, surprise - an upgrade on Price/Evans.

Another striker would be good.. If I can wish, a keeper upgrade

Maybe an attacking mid and all done

Not much then Fred :icon_lol:

I reckon we'll see a forward and the deal being discussed above. Then that'll be it for now.

As much as I've never really rated him, Ikeme has done pretty well so far this season. Looks far more switched on and proactive. He was garbage last season in particular but he can perform to a reasonable standard at this level if he puts his mind to it.

Does seem like Saiss is more of a holding midfielder than a centre half.

I wonder if we'll be looking at him and Oniangue as a pair with Teix and two from Wallace/Costa/John/Graham behind Dicko or Bod.

We'd have a hell of a lot central midfielders then. We'd have to be shipping a couple of them off along with Byrne and probably Henry.

Back