• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Balotelli 4/5 with SkyBet to join us. :icon_lol:

qvwk1M9.gif
Turn off the Internet. Its work is done.

Even American media running the Balotelli link now.

Dan, you posted your best gif ever a week or so ago....you have just blown that one out of the water :icon_lol:

Joel Campbell linked again...by the crappy FL92 transfer twitter account.

Hey guys. Here i am again with your daily report from the sunny land and home of sweetest club network in the world:

-Some news on the local press concerning Benfica players linked with Wolves. One i found mentions that Luisão is not very keen on moving to England. Seems like he is asking for 2M Euros per season and wants a 2 year contract deal. Which means Wolves would have to invest 4M. Seems like Benfica would let him go for free but he still wants to receive the 1.5M Euros remaining with his contract with the club. Which means the total investment would be around 5.5M euros. For a almost 36 year old player and for a 2 year contract i dont think it would be that nice of a deal for you guys. Another newspaper claims that Luisão already stated that the Championship is not an option for him.

-Seems that all the local press confirms that Talisca deal with Besiktas is done. The player will join the turkish club on loan. 2 seasons. Yes you read well a 2 year loan. The wonders of Mendes.

-Another example of Mendes amazing deals just took place yesterday. Benfica right now has no less than 8 wingers in the first team. Yesterday we signed...another one for 15M + Carcela, Celis and Benitez on loan. Its Rafa Silva from Braga. He was with Portugal at Euro 2016. Guess who his agent is...The fun part is that Celis and Benitez were signed this season so they are leaving on loan without even playing 1 game for the club. My guess is they never will so Mendes Carousel has done it again. So now we are left with Pizzi, Guedes, Salvio, Carrillo, Zivkovic, Rafa Silva and Cervi for 2 spots on the wings. And im not even counting with Carousel players like Ola John and others that still dont have a club to play this season.

If i have the time today, just for the your own fun, and if there is interest, i can do a shortlist of the players that still werent loaned this year and that i think that would make sense to go to Wolverhampton.

PS: Just read on "O Jogo" (probably the most reliable portuguese sports newspaper when it comes to Benfica news) that the reason Talisca deal failed with Wolves was because a work permit was not issued by the authorities even though FA did accept the paperwork issued by your club. The article was called "How Talisca was stolen by Besiktas". Here is a link for those interested : http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-acabou-desviado-para-o-besiktas-5346379.html

Maybe now we have been ruled out of Benfica players we can get on and buy players we are outrageously linked with and have no chance of getting.....oh

Rumours site this morning is linking us with O'Kane from AFCB and Cameron Branagan on loan from LFC

Brannagan is very highly rated (by Klopp too). Good footballer.

Not convinced O'Kane is any better than we have. He didn't feature much when they were promoted and he's very easily bullied off the ball.

Linked with Borhwick-Jackson according to Gianluca Di Marzio. Yes please.

CBJ is quality. I'd be delighted with that.

Back