• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I imagine they'll go 4-3-3 with Ibe and Gradel wide of Wilson and then Ake, Cook and Arter in the middle.

Howe's done a remarkable job with King. He was genuinely woeful at Blackburn.

Ake in midfield?

I imagine they'll go 4-3-3 with Ibe and Gradel wide of Wilson and then Ake, Cook and Arter in the middle.

Howe's done a remarkable job with King. He was genuinely woeful at Blackburn.

Or maybe Bowyer just did a terrible job? He always looked good when I saw him for Norway.

Since when? He played LB for Watford and Chelsea had him listed as a defender IIRC.

I'm sure Bournemouth were picked specifically because Chelsea wanted him to get game time in midfield. If they had wanted him to play LB they would've sent him back to Watford.

Fair enough reasoning. I wasn't aware.

Or maybe Bowyer just did a terrible job? He always looked good when I saw him for Norway.

He looked way out of his depth at the start of the season too.

Afobe won't feature much for them now but I think we all could have predicted that when he left.

You sure about that?

Most people seemed to think he'd sold himself short and were disapproving that he'd jumped ship for lowly Bournemouth.

He did sell himself short, Bournemouth have no long term future in the top flight.

Back to Byrne for a second, Ken spent £6m on him, Coady and Mason in his final year in charge. Great use of funds.

He did sell himself short, Bournemouth have no long term future in the top flight.

Back to Byrne for a second, Ken spent £6m on him, Coady and Mason in his final year in charge. Great use of funds.

We should, hopefully, be able to recoup most if not all of what we paid for him.

Mason was a stupid price, but still has some potential so would keep for the moment. Coady was a stupid price & purchase - we wont cover his cost on sale, but should just get rid for whatever we can

You sure about that?

Most people seemed to think he'd sold himself short and were disapproving that he'd jumped ship for lowly Bournemouth.

That's what I mean. He was never going to score much for a relatively poor side (by Prem standards) and if they stayed up they were always likely to buy a better forward with the new TV money. It was a poor decision in hindsight but I do understand why he did it.

I don't, he's a short termist moron. Banging on about how he wanted to put roots down here then it emerges he wanted out within six months. Then he joins a club with worse infrastructure and support than Wigan had.

Benik Afobe is a knob.

I don't usually agree with some of DW's vitriol aimed at footballers, but spot on this time.

It's all about money and playing in the PL

I don't, he's a short termist moron. Banging on about how he wanted to put roots down here then it emerges he wanted out within six months. Then he joins a club with worse infrastructure and support than Wigan had.

Benik Afobe is a knob.

Do I take it that you weren't that enamoured with his attitude? :icon_biggrin:

I dunno, personally I have a hard time blaming any player from a lower division for wanting to move to the Prem. Especially given the state of the club at the time.

..and also if you get a chance as an attacking player to play under any other manager than KJ then you take it...(a bit harsh i know)

The Derby fan at work said he'd happily drive him to Wolves for £6m.

Both the mates I've asked said the same thing. Perhaps we have a disproportionate view of him as he scored worldies against us whenever we play them, particularly at their place.

I don't get this hatred of Afobe, if i was a centre forward under KJ i would have left for Scunthorpe ladies, we got some cash, he got out from under KJ, win /win????

Back