• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I think I'd still prefer Bamford but yeah, absolutely - would also mean he doesn't get to score against us twice a season.

Dicko, Bodvarsson, Mason, Martin would be a deliciously good strikeforce for this level.

He wasn't at his best last season but I'd be very happy with him here. Dicko, Bod, Martin and Mason is a very decent set of forwards for this league. Would signal a preference for 4-4-2 as well.

I think Martin would be the wrong player, he's good with the hold up play but I would've thought we need pace to stretch defences now we have Bod essentially doing the bumping and battering of CB's.

Don't get me wrong he'd be a good signing I just don't see the point of him here at the moment when we have Bod.

The Mail is also reporting that we've transfer listed Byrne. Wigan, Preston, and Brentford interested in him.

Not a surprise, both Henry and Wallace much better than him on the right wing, and he's never going to make it in this division as a right-back, far too lightweight. Disappointed he wasn't the player he looked he might be, but you can't win them all.

The Mail is also reporting that we've transfer listed Byrne. Wigan, Preston, and Brentford interested in him.

Good.

We need to start culling some of the first team fringe players.

If we can make our money back on him we've done well.

Derby know what there doing. Sell us Martin to finance their move for Forestieri.

Can't see how that is a given.
I'd sooner it wasn't a given, and that he was coming here for the shirt, but I can't see it somehow.
What if he turns out to be not quite the player all expected, if he doesn't adapt to the English game, climate or culture etc..?
He'd be joining a long list.
Have Liverpool given us a written guarantee that they will take him off our hands and guarantee to pay us at least what we paid for him?
IF we've agreed to sell him, then I'm sure something like that has been agreed, yes. If we haven't, then I can't see him coming anyway. (Then again, I couldn't see us having billionaire owners until a few weeks ago.)
The new owners might think it's a risk worth taking, but if I'm not so sure.
It's their money to risk, but Mendes anyway doesn't strike me as the type to make a risky deals, just shady ones.

Only problem I have with Martin is that he's a diving bastard. Other than that I think he's a fantastic player for this level and if we can get him we shouldn't hesitate, he'll be 28 in November so the next 2-3 years should be the best of his career. I think Pearson has been favouring Bent in pre season anyway hasn't he?

I do get what Johnny is saying but I think we'd have a fantastic selection of strikers with Bodvarsson, Dicko, Mason & Martin. Every combo from those 4 would give defences something different to worry about. Jon Dadi with Martin in behind would definitely work btw, Bodvarsson definitely has the pace to stretch defences.

If I was going to buy any (realistically available) Derby player it would probably either by Johnson or Russell as I feel we're still short out wide. Johnson was the best player in the division for Norwich playing on the left of midfield, Derby moved him inside and he struggled.

Martins a good player - wouldn't go for him now we have bid though unless we're purely going for wingers and crosses. Still leaves us a bit one dimensional to my mind, I'd prefer someone with movement like bamford.

Johnson had his best spell at Leeds out wide left to. I think his aerial ability is underrated as I don't think I've seen a 5'10 midfielder jump that high ever. I don't think our left side is the problem I think it's more the right side and I'd still like to think Wallace has a chance to stake his claim.

Johnson had his best spell at Leeds out wide left to. I think his aerial ability is underrated as I don't think I've seen a 5'10 midfielder jump that high ever. I don't think our left side is the problem I think it's more the right side and I'd still like to think Wallace has a chance to stake his claim.

I think Costa can play both sides, I'd like to see him on the right cutting in and Johnson on the other side in a 4-4-2.

Don't get the Patrick Bamford love-in. Complete wet fish of a player.

I think Costa can play both sides, I'd like to see him on the right cutting in and Johnson on the other side in a 4-4-2.

I'm looking forward to seeing Costa, Tex and Bod in the same side. Exciting times.

I think we could see Teixeira tucked in on the right hand side when we've fully settled down and know the squad. We know all about Dicko's ability to run the channels and Bod seems to be held in high regard for doing the same thing, so I don't think two touch-line hugging wingers are needed. Wallace likes to drift inside too.

Something like:

Teixiera--Price--Evans--Costa

----------Dicko---Bod----------

If we then had the options of Wallace, Graham, Mason and Martin to bring off the bench, that's a serious amount of attacking talent.

I'd love to see us sign a proven, top class central midfielder at this level though to help Evans, Price and Saville out though.

Henry, Coady, Byrne and Edwards can disappear.

Once again, we need reinforcements at the back first and foremost..wouldnt mind Martin though..

Martin is a lazy git when he's not happy or things aren't going his way, and has too many crap games. The Derby fan at work said he'd happily drive him to Wolves for £6m.

I think that's probably where we're headed, yeah - with Talisca (if he really is coming) in for Evans, and Pele (assuming we go back in for him in January when his foot's healed, otherwise some other new DM) replacing Price.

Back