• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Didnt think it was that bad recently, he does have 31 in 239 games for us anyway

Which is still rubbish considering goal threat is literally all he theoretically offers. 9 of those goals were in L1 as well.

If we offered him out for free I doubt anyone would take him.

I think you are wrong personally

5 of those goals in the premier league

In three seasons. Brilliant record.

Wales international ;)

This is extremely old ground but he's a midfielder whose goal threat is greatly overstated (he isn't even a good finisher, he misses loads of easy chances), can't play wide or as a defensive midfielder, can't pass, creates nothing, doesn't move intelligently, can't control a ball, can't run with the ball and frequently completely disappears during games. He might get you a goal every eight-ten games or so. He will run around a lot to no obvious effect. Eight and a half years I've been watching him and I've wanted him gone for about the last seven. There won't be interest in him because he's not very good.

He isn't good enough. We won't get anywhere with him polluting central midfield on a regular basis.

I don't have an issue with him being part of the squad for now, but he's not close to the likes of Howson, Kayal etc who run the midfield for the best teams in the league.

Yep, Edwards "puts a shift in" "gets up and down the pitch" "chips in with a goal." He ticks plenty of boxes for a manager who doesn't really think too hard.

Edwards is a close shave above shit. He may well try but he's simply nowhere near good enough.

Why have all our managers chosen him? if he is so bad. I am not going to get involved, how good or bad he is, but the managers have to have seen something, in him!

Was told yesterday that there will be signings, but I haven't a clue who by someone at the club. That's about the nearest to itk I have ever been. You heard it here first!

Nobody is doubting there will be more signings..we surely need them

I still feel we need a marque central defender still. Batth/Hause/Eel worry me to fuck still and Williamson is dead, so its nice signing all these attacking players but christ give me a decent defender with it.

Wtf has happened to willo?

Why have all our managers chosen him? if he is so bad. I am not going to get involved, how good or bad he is, but the managers have to have seen something, in him!

There are certain characteristics that are desirable among many football managers especially in the lower leagues, things such as commitment, desire, work rate etc and they know he will give his all in every game. You can't guarantee that with every player and that's why many managers would like him and sometimes that masks his average ability with the football. I get it, managers trust him but i'd rather we moved on to trusting technically gifted footballers who also have the things i mentioned earlier.

Back