• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Also the issue with the high fee is Benfica's spent €22m on him, I think. He's not worth that but we might have to pay close to that.

Benfica spent 22M€ with Jiménez. 9 for 50% the last year, and the rest for 13M this summer.

With Talisca Benfica spent 4,5M€.

Was said that he refused to go to China, because he is very young and that would destroy the future of his career.

He seems reluctant in joining Wolves, what i understand. He's a player who was linked to Chelsea, when Mourinho was there, and had a big influence in the first title that he won with Benfica, with very important goals. He gained a huge credit with that and now he's in the imminence to play in Championship.

If Teixiera keeps showing up like he did today, Talisca can do one for all I care. We won't need him.

Judging only on yesterday's starting line up I think Zenga May see Talisca playing off Bod as a sort of No 10.

Benfica spent 22M€ with Jiménez. 9 for 50% the last year, and the rest for 13M this summer.

With Talisca Benfica spent 4,5M€.
Sorry, I got confused. Not used to so many big numbers. :(

Was said that he refused to go to China, because he is very young and that would destroy the future of his career.

He seems reluctant in joining Wolves, what i understand. He's a player who was linked to Chelsea, when Mourinho was there, and had a big influence in the first title that he won with Benfica, with very important goals. He gained a huge credit with that and now he's in the imminence to play in Championship.
In any case he has to decide what he wants to do, it's unlikely Wolves are at the top of his wishlist but maybe it would be good for him.

Talisca might be signing today apparently.

This has been rambling on so long now I will believe it when he's in a Wolves shirt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As we continue to sign players, I wonder which players currently at Molineux will be moved on ?

You have to think if Benfica's president was there yesterday then this is really happening. He wouldn't exactly bother coming just to see a couple of loanees coming off the bench.

As many as possible hopefully.

As we continue to sign players, I wonder which players currently at Molineux will be moved on ?

Well after last season and the first 35 yesterday any of the "old Wolves" can have no complaints if they are moved on.

You can only sell what people will buy. Unfortunately I think we're going to be stuck with a lot of them until their contracts end (2019 for Doherty, whose bright idea was that). Why would anyone bid for Dave Edwards for example, he's a 30 year old midfielder with one alleged skillset (scoring goals) and he isn't even any good at that. But as none of them are on silly money and we don't really have to watch the wage bill any more, that's ok so long as they aren't playing. Sit in the reserves for years for all I care, just don't pollute the shirt any more.

Of what's left from the Morgan/Ken days, I'm only bothered about keeping Iorfa, Graham, Dicko and Ennis at all costs, maybe Hause too. The rest can and should be upgraded on without too much difficulty. They just aren't good enough.

We haven't signed a player in ages. I think we need quite a few more before we can start offloading...

Well after last season and the first 35 yesterday any of the "old Wolves" can have no complaints if they are moved on.

That is what I am thinking. Though I doubt that there will be a mass clear out, well not until January. And a few of last seasons players deserve a chance under the new regime.

You can only sell what people will buy. Unfortunately I think we're going to be stuck with a lot of them until their contracts end (2019 for Doherty, whose bright idea was that). Why would anyone bid for Dave Edwards for example, he's a 30 year old midfielder with one alleged skillset (scoring goals) and he isn't even any good at that. But as none of them are on silly money and we don't really have to watch the wage bill any more, that's ok so long as they aren't playing. Sit in the reserves for years for all I care, just don't pollute the shirt any more.

Of what's left from the Morgan/Ken days, I'm only bothered about keeping Iorfa, Graham, Dicko and Ennis at all costs, maybe Hause too. The rest can and should be upgraded on without too much difficulty. They just aren't good enough.

I hope that Price stays and is given a chance. But maybe it was telling that he was not in the starting eleven at Rotherham.

I like Price, intelligent footballer, comes across as a great guy, loves the club, but you look at the central midfield quality of the top 4-5 teams in the division and he isn't at that level. That's where we want to be competing as a bare minimum and he probably isn't ever going to be quite up to the mark. If we got someone better than him in then he can go. You can't have a massive sea change in how the club's ambitions are set and then throw sentimentality into the mix as well.

That is what I am thinking. Though I doubt that there will be a mass clear out, well not until January. And a few of last seasons players deserve a chance under the new regime.
Not many of them deserve it TBH. I'm all for a ruthless cull of the squad bar 5 or 6 players.

Back