• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I’m sure Crouch could do a job for us, but he’s necessarily a short-term appointment. I’d sooner we built a team to last a few years. If we’re buying experience, I’d prefer it to be at the back, Jody Craddock style. Perhaps with monied owners, though, we can afford to adopt a more throwaway culture.

I know we're rich but paying Peter Crouch £50k would be ludicrous if this was 2010 he'd be worth it.

Who says he will get £50k a week with us?

He might get a wage that is bonus filled (promotion etc). Crouch has a choice - Sit on the edge of the Stoke team and pick up his £50k a week or leave and play games for a bit less (maybe).

Tim II has refuted rumours re. Crouch being at Compton yesterday. Expect his signing imminently...

I think we have the makings of a team for the future.

We really lack good, quality, experienced players.

I’m sure Crouch could do a job for us, but he’s necessarily a short-term appointment. I’d sooner we built a team to last a few years. If we’re buying experience, I’d prefer it to be at the back, Jody Craddock style. Perhaps with monied owners, though, we can afford to adopt a more throwaway culture.

the focus does seem to be forward oriented. maybe they'll surprise us with something, after all Zengz only been there a week.

the whole money thing is a bit weird after what we've become more used to. typically I think we'd look to spend the reported £20m for a Talisca on more than one player never mind the wages for him and the likes of Crouch. but then we're not the Fosun group and don't know what they're thinking of allocating to make the club successful.

I know we're rich but paying Peter Crouch £50k would be ludicrous if this was 2010 he'd be worth it.

Does it matter? Moxey has everyone obsessed with money - if Crouchs' goals and experience propelled us towards the PL it would be worth a lot more than 50K a week. It's not like we're going to be bankrupted if it doesn't work out.

Various sources claiming the Talisca deal is now "imminent" feels like its been that way for weeks, hes definitely going somewhere I hope its here!!

On the other thread, it has Lescott as going to Leeds. Shouldn't we be in on that one? (i'm not complaining, just commenting)

I think we all will be even if it is only for a season, quality player. Would be great if its done today, question is if the work permit is agreed can he play tomorrow?

As with the other Benfica signings, I'd expect he's not up to full fitness yet. Especially if he's been training on his own.

Perhaps some game time against Crawley then or maybe a fleeting sub appearance tomorrow.

As with the other Benfica signings, I'd expect he's not up to full fitness yet. Especially if he's been training on his own.

I read that Talisca has not played even one minute this pre season so his match fitness would be well off.

On the other thread, it has Lescott as going to Leeds. Shouldn't we be in on that one? (i'm not complaining, just commenting)

Naa, he's on a very steep decline.

I think we all will be even if it is only for a season, quality player. Would be great if its done today, question is if the work permit is agreed can he play tomorrow?

Don't know if Talisca's even in the country, and I don't think Zen has alluded to it at all, so I'd doubt he'd play tomorrow.

I would take him if we hadn't taken Williamson, depends who's the fitter.

Don't know if Talisca's even in the country, and I don't think Zen has alluded to it at all, so I'd doubt he'd play tomorrow.

Not a chance IMO.
Not sure if the all of the other Portuguese players all here already are ready yet to be thrown in to the first team, though would certainly hope so.

I think Costa is nailed on for a start given we dont have another LW also Dadi as hes fit and a striker, I would hope Silvio will start but it might be MD/Iorfa based on fitness. Tiexiera will be on the bench I think.

Back