• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United bulid up

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, I've done one days work this week and I'm knackered :)

How can a player be jaded after 9 games?

Really?

- He's 20 years old
- He's just become a dad
- He's living in a new country. Are his wife/baby out here with him? If yes, he'll be knackered having a new born to look after along with adapting to his new schedule. If no, he'll be missing his family and baby.
- He's living in a hotel.
- He's playing in a new league, with a new club and new teammates. Thus, new tempo, style etc.
- He'll be learning a new language
- He's playing 2-3 games a week, something he's never done before.
- A lot of money was spent on him (something he had nothing to do with), that brings the pressure & expectation to perform straight away.

Your comment absolutely stinks of ignorance. You come across very much as someone who thinks a player earns good money so should "get on with it", whilst taking absolutely zero notice of the ongoing circumstances of Ruben Neves off the field.

Have to say I'm 100% with Jinky's learned analysis on this one. Still remember when my first child was born: went into the office, just wanted to push everything off my desk onto the floor, lie down on desk and go to sleep. And I was a lot closer to 30 than 20: no way could I have coped with it at 20. Neves is a long term investment, not a short-term fix

Have to say I'm 100% with Jinky's learned analysis on this one. Still remember when my first child was born: went into the office, just wanted to push everything off my desk onto the floor, lie down on desk and go to sleep. And I was a lot closer to 30 than 20: no way could I have coped with it at 20. Neves is a long term investment, not a short-term fix

I'm 33 and have a 14 month old daughter at home and I constantly feel like I need cocktail sticks to keep my eyes open during the day at work! :icon_lol:

I'm 33 and have a 14 month old daughter at home and I constantly feel like I need cocktail sticks to keep my eyes open during the day at work! :icon_lol:

That must've been some paper round Jinks ;)

Ah, deeply envious. Loved it when my kids were between 1 and 2. Said something/did something new every day. And no-one loves their dad like a little girl. Enjoy it

Really?

- He's 20 years old
- He's just become a dad
- He's living in a new country. Are his wife/baby out here with him? If yes, he'll be knackered having a new born to look after along with adapting to his new schedule. If no, he'll be missing his family and baby.
- He's living in a hotel.
- He's playing in a new league, with a new club and new teammates. Thus, new tempo, style etc.
- He'll be learning a new language
- He's playing 2-3 games a week, something he's never done before.
- A lot of money was spent on him (something he had nothing to do with), that brings the pressure & expectation to perform straight away.

Your comment absolutely stinks of ignorance. You come across very much as someone who thinks a player earns good money so should "get on with it", whilst taking absolutely zero notice of the ongoing circumstances of Ruben Neves off the field.

Apart from the ignorance bit, very fair points well presented.

Ivan Cavaleiro's missus is also expecting according to her Instagram, which is incidentally worth a look if you're a red blooded male. It must be very warm in their house is all I can say.

As a father of 3 I echo Jinky's sentiments, I remember my first well and the toll it took, yes these are professional athletes but it will have a huge impact on them both physically and emotionally.

Ruben has been terrific so far, he will have a few off games for whatever reason including children but when hes on form we are a far better team, that's how good he is.

giphy.gif

Urgh, Jinky is younger than me :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back