• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
It will add less than 2% to our turnover. It's not a sum of money that's worth losing literally generations of supporters over. People stop going, their kids stop going, their kids never go.
We all know this, Jeff however does not, or he did and doesn't care.

I think it's the latter.

It will add less than 2% to our turnover. It's not a sum of money that's worth losing literally generations of supporters over. People stop going, their kids stop going, their kids never go.
Understand that argument fully. The lifetime value of a customer does exceed what has happened here IMO.

About 7 months of Fabio. Contextually it's fuck all.
See, this is the bollocks that doesn't make sense. 3M is still 3M. It does make a difference. It is ridiculous to say it doesn't.

From one of the Wolves Facebook pages, so take with a massive pinch of salt, but a guy on there says his brother has been offered a ST today, and he's 7481 on the list

I don't know how many members we have but I wouldn't expect a very big percentage to take up any ST offer. Maybe 10%.

£3m is the absolute best case scenario by the way. There's a chance they actually make no money off it.

I don't know how many members we have but I wouldn't expect a very big percentage to take up any ST offer. Maybe 10%.
They aren't selling out then. If their 90% renewal figure is correct (it isn't, it's bollocks) - and only 10% of members take up the offer, we'd need 22,000 members to sell out.

I can see how if you've not had one recently and can afford it why you would, particularly if you are taking a kid. I agree that's likely to be a low % though

See, this is the bollocks that doesn't make sense. 3M is still 3M. It does make a difference. It is ridiculous to say it doesn't.
£3m is definitely still £3m, but they already made that due to the Championship promotions. They could have made that by actually doing something in the transfer window in January instead of running the squad into the ground. They could have nearly twenty times that if they hadn’t signed Silva and Guedes. Lazy, disinterested, dismissive and flippant ways of running the club that cost them tens of millions but they see fit to squeeze the fans for three? Fuck that, it’s a massive cunt’s trick.

I saw someone accidentally drop a £2 coin into the cut earlier today. I could've gone in for it, £2 is still £2.

I might've ended up with Cholera though. Or been taken captive by one of the mutant rats that live in it. Or both.

Making a profit doesn't justify anything Shi has done if Fosun are to be considered 'long-termists' as he claimed they were in his weird blog.

Fan services tweeted a couple of days ago that any member who doesn't buy a season ticket retains their place on the waiting list again.

If it was competitive the club would be taking you off the list if you turned it down, I have been offered one every year since 2018 and always say no. Members go on it automatically, but not all members even want to buy a ST. Makes me curious what the point of the waiting list actually is - wonder if part of it was so that Jeff could point to all the potential revenue if the legacy fans disappeared. Obviously disproven now, but people at the club do seem to have believed the waiting list really was a line of eagerly waiting customers.

Fan services tweeted a couple of days ago that any member who doesn't buy a season ticket retains their place on the waiting list again.

If it was competitive the club would be taking you off the list if you turned it down, I have been offered one every year since 2018 and always say no. Members go on it automatically, but not all members even want to buy a ST. Makes me curious what the point of the waiting list actually is - wonder if part of it was so that Jeff could point to all the potential revenue if the legacy fans disappeared. Obviously disproven now, but people at the club do seem to have believed the waiting list really was a line of eagerly waiting customers.

Waiting list was part of the previous model of FOMO. Don't think the club ever believed in it but it was handy to have a mythical 10,000 on the outside desperate to get in:

Don't want to pay yearly ticket increases? no problem there's 10,000 on the waiting list donchya know, maybe one of them will.

Unhappy with the condition if the Steve Bull Stand? One of the 10,000 on the waiting list would love the opportunity to sit in there.

The waiting list was a bogeyman, used to remind season ticket holders of the precarity of their place, little more than a form of pressure selling.

Obviously the model has now changed to one of alienate everyone and fleece the daytrippers. Unlike the waiting list where I think they didn't truly believe everybody would commit to tickets I think they do believe there's an untapped limitless number of Premier League daytrippers who can't wait for a bit of Wolves v Ipswich.

I think it was theoretically a genuine thing at one point, but it at the same time has always been somewhat redundant. I believe 11k was the number which used to be quoted and if 11k had given their tickets up after the first PL season of finishing 7th, qualifying for Europe and losing a cup semi, then a very high proportion of the waiting list would have taken them and the rest would have gone whilst on general sale. Of course other than people facing a change in personal circumstances nobody wanted to give it up then, so very few people were offered one. Now people are walking away, but the 11k aren't interested for the same reasons the people haven't renewed.

Fanbases of clubs our size are always elastic, we'd have got 40k for most games in those first 2 PL seasons prior to Covid, but if we were to go down we'd be back to early 20s for that Tuesday night game against Millwall, maybe lower if the pricing remained stupid.

I think it was theoretically a genuine thing at one point, but it at the same time has always been somewhat redundant. I believe 11k was the number which used to be quoted and if 11k had given their tickets up after the first PL season of finishing 7th, qualifying for Europe and losing a cup semi, then a very high proportion of the waiting list would have taken them and the rest would have gone whilst on general sale. Of course other than people facing a change in personal circumstances nobody wanted to give it up then, so very few people were offered one. Now people are walking away, but the 11k aren't interested for the same reasons the people haven't renewed.

Fanbases of clubs our size are always elastic, we'd have got 40k for most games in those first 2 PL seasons prior to Covid, but if we were to go down we'd be back to early 20s for that Tuesday night game against Millwall, maybe lower if the pricing remained stupid.
If the pricing remained stupid if we went down we'd be lucky to break 10k.

It's definitely gone as far as 6000 in the list.

Blows out the theory that the plan was to just replace season tickets with tourists. They wouldn't have opened up for so many newbies if that was the case, nor had new sales at the same price as renewals for the first time in decades

It's definitely gone as far as 6000 in the list.

Blows out the theory that the plan was to just replace season tickets with tourists. They wouldn't have opened up for so many newbies if that was the case, nor had new sales at the same price as renewals for the first time in decades
Na, it just means that they haven't had a quick uptake on new STs, it doesn't mean there are 6k available seats?

No I mean that if they wanted to phase out season ticket holders to create room for tourists they wouldn't have put such effort into getting those on the waiting list to buy one, they'd have just let the seats expire into match by match

My guess is the “waiting list” will be greatly reduced next season as a hell of a lot of people won’t be taking up the option of a membership this season so won’t be on the ST waiting list come next season.

No I mean that if they wanted to phase out season ticket holders to create room for tourists they wouldn't have put such effort into getting those on the waiting list to buy one, they'd have just let the seats expire into match by match
Oh right, I see. Maybe they had a target in mind for new ST holders and they are failing to meet that as they have been such greedy bastards.

Or maybe they expected to go through the whole waiting list!

Who knows their strategy, it makes very little sense!

Back