• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Now told they're going to 4,800 on the list and below.

Nah, there'll be thousands of Mexicans coming over now there's availability. The queue for the bogs in the Steve Bull will remind them of the caravans of asylum seekers that pass through Mexico City, they'll feel right at home. The Koreans will have to join the waiting list

Shi can get bent if he thinks I'm paying Billy Wright prices. Steve Bull for category B at most!

From what I can see of my area in the SBU most have renewed. Not the pissed up bloke who sits next to me and misses most games anyway though

I was really struggling with giving it up during the renewal window (not in the sense of changing my mind, I wouldn’t have, more in the sense I was really going to miss it) but now seeing our seats gone and knowing it’s definite I’m not bothered in the slightest. It’s going to be really easy to not miss going to games again I think.

I was really struggling with giving it up during the renewal window (not in the sense of changing my mind, I wouldn’t have, more in the sense I was really going to miss it) but now seeing our seats gone and knowing it’s definite I’m not bothered in the slightest. It’s going to be really easy to not miss going to games again I think.

It's amazing how quickly having a few mates round and sticking the firestick on becomes normal

I presume buying match tickets will now involve ringing up rather than being able to view what is available and select your seat.
Unless miraculously Ticketmaster manage to address the glitch :)-.

I'm not one of those who has gone to every game, indeed pre-ST days I always picked and chose, right from my first game in 1969 to present. Those who go to every game religiously during difficult times deserve utmost respect, but I have seen quite a few come and go. It breaks them. I always found it easier and maybe affordable to spread out the games, so I may have gone to 75% of home games and several away games every year. I have had a ST for a number of years now.

Personally, and this is no judgement on those who have packed it in - mainly on cost, but for me indeed 'Wolves is for life', irrespective of the situation, so if I had been priced out I would simply go several games when I could afford it.

I genuinely hope those lifetime fans like Deutsch Wolf and Boozad will do this rather than pack it in altogether.

Neither of them have packed in their season tickets because they couldn't afford it, they've done so because the pricing is immoral and Shi has no interest in whether they or anyone else is there or not. You are off base with 'afford' Could I afford to pay over £50 to watch us play Bournemouth in a 45 year old stand, queuing 25 minutes to get in, with my knees under my chin, taking the entirety of half time to just go to the toilet and zero chance of getting refreshments, yes...Will I? Most probably not. The band aid is ripped off by not having the season ticket, that's the emotional pull gone, decisions now are financial and that Bournemouth example I've given is not financially worth it

Last edited:
It's clear that the upper Steve Bull will be the most empty as a % compared to the other stands.

That'll look embarrassing for Fosun on TV.

Neither of them have packed in their season tickets because they couldn't afford it, they've done so because the pricing is immoral and Shi has no interest in whether they or anyone else is there or not. You are off base with 'afford' Could I afford to pay over £50 to watch us play Bournemouth in a 45 year old stand, queuing 25 minutes to get in, with my knees under my chin, taking the entirety of half time to just go to the toilet and zero chance of getting refreshments, yes...Will I? Most probably not. The band aid is ripped off by not having the season ticket, that's the emotional pull gone, decisions now are financial and that Bournemouth example I've given is not financially worth it
I didn't say they did pack it in because they couldn't afford it, and I get it that they have declined a ST based on principle.

I merely said that I hoped they didn't pack Wolves in altogether.

I used to hate Moxey when he introduced a ST rate that was far cheaper than non-ST rates. Many agreed with him, and you can't argue that existing ST holders shouldn't be rewarded, but when that was introduced me and mates from Reans didn't have STs but went to every home game religiously and most away games too. But it wasn't necessary to 'have' a ST back then and most of my lot being builders or self-employed got paid weekly. But with all-seater being introduced, it became necessary to get a ST. That was fine, but if I recall (stand to be corrected as its from memory), existing ST holders were charged £375 in the South Bank, whereas if you weren't an existing ST Holder you have to pay the prohibitive price of £559. That destroyed us as a group and I saw the effect of unprincipled management by the people in charge. The price differential was disgusting in my opinion, bearing in mind many people went weekly back then but were not ST holders. We couldn't afford that £559 price, but did I pack Wolves in? No way.

I hate it when I see lifelong Wolves supporters pack it in altogether. Its a huge loss.

It's not a forever decision, it's a right now decision.

I stopped going under Saunders and returned as soon as we had a decent manager, even if it was watching David Davis and Zeli Ismail against Gillingham and Crawley. I will be back, just not in the short term. They don't get to lie to me and they don't get to take me for granted.

I used to go to about 10 homes and 5 aways when we had David Davis and Zeli Ismail. Got all excited when we got to the PL and figured not being able to go again until Fosun completed the 50,000 seater was going to be a small price to pay. Had to have a sabbatical for a couple of years but never thought just a few years on you’d be able to get a ticket easy enough without even a membership.

Pretty depressing reading this thread to be honest.

Back