• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Yeah to clarify my decision was my decision, I wasn’t forced out by the price. Cass buys (bought) her own ST these days and while she was happy to pay it I wouldn’t let her. She’s an amazing kid and takes things at face value (oh to be 18 again) but there was no way in the world I was allowing Shi to capitalise on that, she’d have just accepted whatever and paid it because Wolves is what she loves. But I was determined to not cave and back down on my principles and I wanted her to learn that people can’t just fuck you over because they want to.

Finally she understood and reluctantly agreed to not renew, it was hard as she was so unhappy and I blame Jeff for that. Totally and utterly. I can spew the old tosh that it’s been forty odd years since my first game (I did have ten years out between 2000 and 2010) and Wolves is in our blood and I got both my kids going just like my dad did blah blah blah, but it’s irrelevant. It means nothing to him. All he gives a fuck about is shafting the people who he thought would just blindly accept and pay up. And I’m not having it. And neither is my daughter. Open yourself up to being walked over and you’ll forever be a fucking doormat, that goes for anything and anyone you love. I’ll always love Wolves but I won’t be treated like shit by them (I know it’s Jeff, not the club) and I’ll absolutely contemplate returning once Fosun are gone. They’ve tried to screw me so won’t get another penny out of me.

To be clear, I do fully understand why people pack it in, some times it is for finance, sometimes its for health reasons, and sometimes a long journey may just become too much, but yes I totally get that it is on principle too. I am not being judgemental or trying to claim to be a superfan, it just fundamentally gripes / saddens me that true Wolves fans are having to make this decision because of this totally unnecessary reason (not unnecessary from an individual point, from Wolves viewpoint). And just like you might to a close friend, try to cajole him/her not to pack it in altogether. That was the way I meant my post. Don't let the bastards take away a thing you love so deeply on a permanent basis.

Wolves FC, as well all know, are about the supporters and cannot afford to be losing 3-4.000 supporters. Fans are what truly defines any club in my view.

I have received emails for me and each of my nephews telling us our respective place on the ST waiting list. We are numbers 207, 5084, and 5085 respectively. People eligible to buy a ST will be contacted shortly apparently. I wonder how far down it'll get..
5084 and 5085 in the waiting list have just been invited to buy their season tickets..

To be clear, I do fully understand why people pack it in, some times it is for finance, sometimes its for health reasons, and sometimes a long journey may just become too much, but yes I totally get that it is on principle too. I am not being judgemental or trying to claim to be a superfan, it just fundamentally gripes / saddens me that true Wolves fans are having to make this decision because of this totally unnecessary reason (not unnecessary from an individual point, from Wolves viewpoint). And just like you might to a close friend, try to cajole him/her not to pack it in altogether. That was the way I meant my post. Don't let the bastards take away a thing you love so deeply on a permanent basis.

Wolves FC, as well all know, are about the supporters and cannot afford to be losing 3-4.000 supporters. Fans are what truly defines any club in my view.
I took your posts exactly how they were intended mate, no worries there. And I also get where you’re coming from in the sense of don’t cut it off completely. And I get it. I’m just a really pedantic, stubborn bastard and when I get shit on I tend to give that person nothing ever again. Jeff is one of those people. His actions and words pushed me too far over the edge.

I’ll still follow us, I’ll still be a Wolves fan through and through, but I swear to god I will never give Fosun another penny. Nothing. I refuse to be treated with contempt and then willingly give money to the people who did it. It’s just not in my make up. I appreciate your sentiment mate but I just can’t do it. Once we’re owned by someone else I’ll go to games again but I’m done with Fosun barring a huge about face, which isn’t going to happen.

5084 and 5085 in the waiting list have just been invited to buy their season tickets..
So surely the uptake in the first wave was 33% or less. I could be massively wrong there which isn’t unusual. Either way Jeff’s master plan and reliance on all these fans waiting in the wings to pay higher prices is proving ill placed. Surprise surprise.

I’m still confused why thousands of people are on this waiting list if they never actually want a ST? Or is it just a byproduct of being a member (which I assume people have to get priority match day tickets)

The latter I believe. I think it was a genuine thing in 2018 but Fosun just dump you on it now regardless to make themselves feel better.

I’m still confused why thousands of people are on this waiting list if they never actually want a ST? Or is it just a byproduct of being a member (which I assume people have to get priority match day tickets)
I think if you joined and retained your membership you stay on by default

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626_172352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_172352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 12
So now we know that the chances are season tickets won’t sell out. For a fanbase who were absolutely desperate for sustained Premier League football, a quick flirt with Europe, a trip to Wembley (should have been two) and some bonafide stars in the team for over thirty years, that’s some fucking going. Well done Jeff. Class act mate.

My youngest was offered one yesterday but there are no seats nearby. Slightly annoying.

Jeff will be hoping to more than make up the difference with day-trippers.

A bird in the hand and all that
He was only just scraping sell outs for most games when we had a full complement of sth's. It'll be fine for half the games maximum, the rest will go to general sale and not sell out due to the cost, shit facilities and unattractive opposition. People would overlook the 2nd and 3rd factors if it wasn't for the first

Reading this is pretty depressing and sad. Having followed our great club since I was carried in on my Dad's shoulders in the last 60's and having seen us at our lowest ebb, it is really upsetting to see so many of you giving up the thing you love even if only for a short time.

In the mid 80's as we were getting crowds of 3,000+, we could only dream then of being back in the top flight of English football. it is perplexing to see all of this negativity surrounding the club. It really does speak to a lack of communication and understanding of what is really going on.

Shi says it is necessary but the question remains, is it? If so, there needs to be a better and more thorough explanation.

I don't agree with those who say the price increases won't make much difference as clearly they will. They will bring in more revenue of that I am certain but it just feels wrong, oh so wrong, when you disenfranchise so many people. The next question is , is it worth disenfranchising so many of those people for the lifetime value that they bring?

Clearly they have decided it is worth it. And equally clearly, a lot of fans have decided it isn't. Fosun need to learn from this mess and take action to rectify it.

It will add less than 2% to our turnover. It's not a sum of money that's worth losing literally generations of supporters over. People stop going, their kids stop going, their kids never go.

Back