• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
He has become the new Moxey - aloof, arrogant, unconcerned, condescending. All the qualities that at first he seemed not to possess.

When Fosun took over I was one of a lucky (?) few from Molmix who were asked to go and meet the new board including Jeff Shi - they seemed so humble and in touch with the fanbase. I even stressed that that was so refreshing and good to see, post Moxey.

How bad a judge of character was I :)-.
I was there too mate

Night and day

Surely one of our beat reporters would have access to a source that would know numbers of renewals etc? If they're not on holiday that is of course.

Like, I can hardly see it being someone that could be kept quiet internally because it'd be shared information and as pointed out it was shared very quickly in the past so clearly something that is known.
That's not how they work. Already gone rogue once this Summer, then fell in line when the child price was frozen. Unlikely to report anything the club doesn't want them to. Little more than glorified aggregators these days
So not only can't you relocate online but you have to pay a premium rate call to do so
It's a standard rate number

EP was right. I'm not disappointed in anyone individually, everyone had to make their own personal decision, I am collectively though

I don't think we should believe the 90%. For many reasons, it benefits Wolves to put out a high figure, so ultimately I will judge on the actual attendances next season. It also doesn't really tally with how many seats they claimed were available behind both goals.

It's certainly not a win for Jeff either way though. Yes, they might get them slightly more money (in the big picture) next season.

But, we obviously can't put a price on ruining the mood among the fan base.

I believe next season will be the first that we hear real animosity towards Shi in the ground and potentially Fosun Out chants. Does that matter? Arguably not, but he's changed the whole mood of the club. I feel this atmosphere could negatively impact the team, especially with our early fixtures.

Also the majority of that 2,250 who haven't renewed were likely to be fans who have followed us through a lot. The long-term issues of losing fans like that remain.

If there's 5-600 seats available behind the goals, another 1700 elsewhere feels about right. It would also be consistent with a lot of the first hand testimonies we've seen on here. I believe it. The fans mood thing will ultimately be dictated by what happens on the pitch, beat Chelsea and there won't be a peep. People did a 180 degree turn within a fortnight, in 2 months time it'll be old news.

If there's 5-600 seats available behind the goals, another 1700 elsewhere feels about right. It would also be consistent with a lot of the first hand testimonies we've seen on here. I believe it. The fans mood thing will ultimately be dictated by what happens on the pitch, beat Chelsea and there won't be a peep. People did a 180 degree turn within a fortnight, in 2 months time it'll be old news.
They'd have told us if it was 90% before now.

They'd also do the seat reallocation online.

It's all propaganda and I don't believe a word of it.

If those figures are to be believed (again, why should we trust a word they say) it'll be rounded up obviously. Definitely closer to 3000 than 2250.

It's not a win for anyone.

It's less than I thought it would be but a club like ours should not be losing 3000 fans in one go. That's an absolutely shameful number.

And again, the damage done this summer will be irreversible. This won't be forgotten.

The fans mood thing will ultimately be dictated by what happens on the pitch, beat Chelsea and there won't be a peep. People did a 180 degree turn within a fortnight, in 2 months time it'll be old news.
Ultimately if you renewed then you've already made your stance. Anything else is irrelevant now.

Presumably barring personal circumstances changing, it'd also be a renewal for 2025/26 (if we don't go down) as the price will be the same. If you were happy to pay it now then you will in a year's time.

If those figures are to be believed (again, why should we trust a word they say) it'll be rounded up obviously. Definitely closer to 3000 than 2250.

It's not a win for anyone.

It's less than I thought it would be but a club like ours should not be losing 3000 fans in one go. That's an absolutely shameful number.

And again, the damage done this summer will be irreversible. This won't be forgotten.
What does that look like though? People are paying the season ticket prices and I don't believe them when they say they aren't buying merchandise or anything from the concourses. If they did before then they will again.

Unsavoury atmosphere in the ground? That'll be countered with, that only damages Gary and the team. It's a load of noise made by people to justify to themselves why they've renewed that'll come to nothing unless we are in a relegation battle.

That's not a personal dig at you, you've done what is correct for you, but thinking there is any longer term damage other than losing a couple of thousand fans isn't the reality in any material sense unless the team look like they are going down imo

Last edited:
It'll take until November/December to see if they are full of shit with their 90% figure or not.

The first 4 home games are all big clubs and will get a high number of walk-up ticket sales and either sell out or come very close - Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man City.

Then November sees Palace, Southampton and Bournemouth. And Ipswich on 14th December. So almost half a season to see a decent sample size of what sort of attendances we get in the lower category games. Jeff must have been glad to see that fixture list as he'll be hoping it'll all have blown over and people forgotten about it by then.

There will be new ST holders coming in, probably won't be many, but there will be.

They're also going to have a pick of some decent seats, and/or a few seats in a row, so that will be a carrot too.

At least when I go to a few lower category games I should have plenty of good seats to pick from.... 🙂🙄

Back