• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
So obviously that doesn't account for single seats, but that's a total of 373 seats available to relocate to?

Imagine spelling Sir Jack's name wrong.

Cunts.

Well that's 333 only in areas behind the goals (which saw the smallest percentage increase) not even counting single tickets in those stands.

There were only 700 in total across the whole ground last year.

Two years ago there were singles only in the South Bank to relocate to and not many of them either. Groups together were impossible. Now there are loads, pretty damning that is.

Imagine I run a business and I go the bank for some capital with the business plan of pissing off my loyal customers so i can fleece transient new customers at a higher price. I would be laughed out of the joint

Imagine I run a business and I go the bank for some capital with the business plan of pissing off my loyal customers so i can fleece transient new customers at a higher price. I would be laughed out of the joint
And no one at the club had the power or inclination to tell him it was a daft idea.

We're led to believe that people at the club and the focus group they set up explicitly for this purpose told him not to do it and he did it anyway.

There isn't any chain of command as such, he runs the club without anyone offering any checks and balances that are worth anything, and the people above him at Fosun don't care unless it looks like we might get relegated (and only then because that basically wipes off 70%+ of the value of their asset, I doubt they're actually that bothered about us having an acceptable team. They thought Lage was ok because their interest extended to checking the league table every now and then).

And no one at the club had the power or inclination to tell him it was a daft idea.
Think it's the former rather than the latter GFFH said people had told him it's a bad idea, but Shi doesn't listen to anyone other than Guo

We're led to believe that people at the club and the focus group they set up explicitly for this purpose told him not to do it and he did it anyway.

There isn't any chain of command as such, he runs the club without anyone offering any checks and balances that are worth anything, and the people above him at Fosun don't care unless it looks like we might get relegated (and only then because that basically wipes off 70%+ of the value of their asset, I doubt they're actually that bothered about us having an acceptable team. They thought Lage was ok because their interest extended to checking the league table every now and then).
All the rules of good Corporate Governance say that the role of CEO and Chairman should never be combined in the same person as all checks and balances go out of the window. Dictatorships in business are a shocking idea.

He has become the new Moxey - aloof, arrogant, unconcerned, condescending. All the qualities that at first he seemed not to possess.

When Fosun took over I was one of a lucky (?) few from Molmix who were asked to go and meet the new board including Jeff Shi - they seemed so humble and in touch with the fanbase. I even stressed that that was so refreshing and good to see, post Moxey.

How bad a judge of character was I :)-.

Members of the SLT told him it was a bad idea and repeated it in public at the Fans Group forum. It was ignored.

I spent a fair few parliament meetings in the company of Morgan and Moxey. Morgan gave me a total death stare at one meeting when I asked him what possessed him to appoint Dan's favourite manager of all time.

Neither of them would have descended to this level. They both got a boatload wrong but they wanted the loyal customer base.

Surely one of our beat reporters would have access to a source that would know numbers of renewals etc? If they're not on holiday that is of course.

Like, I can hardly see it being someone that could be kept quiet internally because it'd be shared information and as pointed out it was shared very quickly in the past so clearly something that is known.

Update on Wolves webpage........still scared to give numbers it seems...........................

"With the 2024/25 Premier League season fast approaching and the season ticket renewal deadline passed, Wolves can confirm the process for seat relocations.
Wolves kick off their home campaign against Chelsea at Molineux on the weekend of Saturday 24th August and supporters who have renewed their season ticket but would like to relocate their seat can do so from 9am on Friday 21st June.
With a large uptake in season ticket renewals, availability is limited in the Stan Cullis and Sir Jack Hayward Stands, with just 48 pairs of seats open to relocations in the North Bank and 55 pairs in the South Bank.
For groups of three, there are 13 areas available in the Stan Cullis and 20 in the Sir Jack Haward Stand, and for groups of four, five areas are free in the North Bank and only two in the South Bank. Supporters are urged to act quick if they wish to relocate, with requests to relocate granted on a first come, first served basis.
Seat relocation requests can only be made by calling the ticket office on 0371 222 1877. This cannot be done on the ticketing website or by calling any other number.
Wolves are also beginning the process for new season ticket applications from those who are registered on the season ticket waiting list and those who held a membership for the 2023/24 season.
Supporters on the season ticket waiting list will be informed of their updated position via email. Position on the season ticket waiting list will determine priority and sales will begin from Monday 24th June at 12pm in priority order.
Exclusive invites to purchase season tickets will also be sent via email."
So not only can't you relocate online but you have to pay a premium rate call to do so

All the rules of good Corporate Governance say that the role of CEO and Chairman should never be combined in the same person as all checks and balances go out of the window. Dictatorships in business are a shocking idea.
Even Jez nominally had to get sign off from above when Sir Jack was still with us (in reality just a rubberstamping most of the time of course, he was too old to deal with the day to day stuff)

Back