• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Bizarre too as these mythical "one-off" buyers aren't going to become regulars even if they do like the club.

I'd say I have a pretty firm attachment at this point but it's not as if I'd be paying the ticket price and that's it. Obviously not all out-of-towners will have hotels, flights, etc etc all to pay for, but it's still a big expense between money and time and it's certainly not one I could make more than a couple of times a year at absolute best.

It all just seems wildly small-minded.

At the end of the day if people who have followed the club for years and have Wolves ingrained in their DNA won’t pay the ridiculous prices, why are people who don’t give a fuck about the club? It’s a ludicrous thought process. More than happy to hear people bang on about it. Relentlessly.

Bizarre too as these mythical "one-off" buyers aren't going to become regulars even if they do like the club.

I'd say I have a pretty firm attachment at this point but it's not as if I'd be paying the ticket price and that's it. Obviously not all out-of-towners will have hotels, flights, etc etc all to pay for, but it's still a big expense between money and time and it's certainly not one I could make more than a couple of times a year at absolute best.

We do have a lot of local people who like the Sky 6, mainly Utd and Liverpool. Think Cowboys, Yankees or Lakers fans in Charlotte. They will pay for their one off ticket as they aren't getting one at the ground of the club they 'support'. There aren't thousands though. Local fans will fill the gaps for those games anyway, taking your kid to see Man City etc for a treat. Drop beyond the Sky 6 and Villa and that won't be the case though unless we are top half.

Utd being Boxing Day fucks Jeff over in a minor way. If it were Bournemouth we'd have still sold out

Playing devils advocate, it is really easy to say that when you don't have the data to support your position. I'm not saying you are wrong but over the last few seasons I have met several folks who have been at the match with no allegiance to one team or the other. They simply just wanted to see a Prem. game.

Like you, I don't know one way or the other what that volume looks like but I'm not writing it off and neither am I, at this stage, saying it is going to replace income from lost season ticket holders.

Again, playing devils advocate, we are now entering a period of time when we have the Generation X'rs coming to retirement and there is a large percentage that does have disposable income. Going to be interesting to see how this develops and what the numbers in the accounts look like in future, but I'd be very surprised if they went backwards or even stagnated even though some fans have sadly and badly been disenfranchised.

I can list more than a dozen European matches I’ve been to as a neutral over the last ten years. Some where the tourist fan is supposed to be in high number.
At only one, Barca, have I seen more than a handful of other tourists (it was late July) - the numbers, even in Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Seville, Turin, Dortmund, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Marseille are really very, very small versus the real home support

I can list more than a dozen European matches I’ve been to as a neutral over the last ten years. Some where the tourist fan is supposed to be in high number.
At only one, Barca, have I seen more than a handful of other tourists (it was late July) - the numbers, even in Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Seville, Turin, Dortmund, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Marseille are really very, very small versus the real home support
Went to Lazio last year and the only 3 tourists were the 3 of us.

Half the stadium was empty and it was still €40 a game.

Barring Barcelona during the summer holiday period, I can't think of any (including Manchester United) who could attract sufficient day trippers to make up for a reduction of 10-20% in their normal regular season ticket holding support. If there are that many empty seats in the ground and no waiting list, no way are they even remotely close to selling them in sufficient numbers to bridge the lost revenue gap.

The very same season ticket holders that can often pay up to a year in advance, so really help cash flow and provide guaranteed income [an accountants dream]

B
Went to Lazio last year and the only 3 tourists were the 3 of us.

Half the stadium was empty and it was still €40 a game.
Buying a ticket at the Stadio Olimpico is an interesting experience and clearly something they don't do often to 'neutral' daytrippers. To start with the ticket office is nowhere near the ground (well a few hundred yards away anyway) and nothing is signed or made easy.

Let's pick an example from last season, Newcastle at home. 5.30pm on a Saturday, absolute deluge forecast for after full time (and it did happen too), on Sky.

I had my season ticket so of course I went, enjoyed the game for the most part, got soaked walking home.

Am I going to pay £45+ (being conservative there) to do the same next season when I can stay at home and watch it? Of course I'm bloody not. Good luck filling that seat.

Barring Barcelona during the summer holiday period, I can't think of any (including Manchester United) who could attract sufficient day trippers to make up for a reduction of 10-20% in their normal regular season ticket holding support. If there are that many empty seats in the ground and no waiting list, no way are they even remotely close to selling them in sufficient numbers to bridge the lost revenue gap.

The very same season ticket holders that can often pay up to a year in advance, so really help cash flow and provide guaranteed income [an accountants dream]
I rather doubt there will be a 10% to 20% reduction in season ticket holders as a result of the price increases. We'll see.

Let's pick an example from last season, Newcastle at home. 5.30pm on a Saturday, absolute deluge forecast for after full time (and it did happen too), on Sky.

I had my season ticket so of course I went, enjoyed the game for the most part, got soaked walking home.

Am I going to pay £45+ (being conservative there) to do the same next season when I can stay at home and watch it? Of course I'm bloody not. Good luck filling that seat.
I was on holiday and put my 2 up for resale. They didn't go.

I rather doubt there will be a 10% to 20% reduction in season ticket holders as a result of the price increases. We'll see.
Unfortunately I don't think we will 'see' the truth. But given that we normally lose 3-5% when things are going well and increases are much smaller, getting to a 10% reduction this year is surely a given. There are an awful lot of pissed off people - it's a long time since I've seen this level of feeling towards the CEO/ownership.
Jez coped some flack, but he deflected it from those above. Morgan wasn't universally like but wasn't despised either as generally he got things sorted off the pitch. He might have had personal gain/benefit but he also came through on things like stadium redevelopment and academy/training ground improvements.

Back