• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
I think sales have dropped off way more than you thought 24 hours ago...otherwise why wouldn't we announce it like we have done every other year, and why are we stopping people looking at the stadium plan for themselves?
Agreed.

With regards to the stadium plan being unavailable for fans looking to relocate, it's quite the lengths to go to in the purely in the interests of saving face. Bought a product online for about £1.5K and expecting you might get some kind of image on the ecommerce site? Nah. We'll just get the seller to try and describe it to you over the phone while you make a time-limited decision. That's the UX you expect in 2024 🤣

I'll put it here as it's tangentially relevant. Just bought a ticket to an NFL game in the US at face value in the standing area, so not seated for £116, such is the different mindset of the daytripper

But my point regarding us making more cash is strengthened, they'll make a shit tonne more money now in those CAT A games if we have fewer ST holders, each non ST seat will make about double what it did before.
I don't think they're the slam dunk you suggest, there were definitely tickets freely available for Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal at home last season 24 hours before the game, and that's with 22,000+ STHs, we won't have anywhere near that many next season it seems.

I wonder how they'll sell to the potential new ST holders, they'll surely allow them to look at a stadium plan!!
Oh and as there'll be fewer than 1,000 of these, maybe they can offer them a bespoke experience as the ticket office won't exactly be run off their feet :D

I'll put it here as it's tangentially relevant. Just bought a ticket to an NFL game in the US at face value in the standing area, so not seated for £116, such is the different mindset of the daytripper
NFL teams get what though, 8 guaranteed home games a season? And pretty much all their teams cover an absolutely gigantic area in terms of population and geographical size.

Supply and demand works there.

Building on a tangent... chatting to a taxi driver in Madrid a couple of weeks back and, as we were staying near the old Calderon (and I often end up talking about it anyway), he quickly got on to Atleti. I didn't lead the witness, it takes long enough to explain who the hell Wolves are at the best of times, but his story was a classic. Used to go as a season ticket holder, took his kids and met his mates. Not been since they went to the Metropolitano as prices went through the roof and, although you can get tickets as a non-member, they're so dear he can't justify it now. Was quick to say they'd rather have fewer people, literally often tourists, going at 100 euros a pop than him and his mates.

Mind, the similarities end when you compare the relative tourist draw of Madrid and Wolverhampton....

I don't think they're the slam dunk you suggest, there were definitely tickets freely available for Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal at home last season 24 hours before the game, and that's with 22,000+ STHs, we won't have anywhere near that many next season it seems.
You surely understand the point I'm making and that this is clearly why Shi is undertaking this strategy?

Us losing ST holders isn't damaging financially not in the short/medium term anyway.

Also, there was only one league game last season where less than 30k attended, that was Bournemouth.

You surely understand the point I'm making and that this is clearly why Shi is undertaking this strategy?

Us losing ST holders isn't damaging financially not in the short/medium term anyway.

Also, there was only one league game last season where less than 30k attended, that was Bournemouth.
It won't be anyway as any increase is minor in comparison to TV Income. Its a cunts trick and should be called out for what it is.

As for the Bournemouth game they'll be a few more this season if the amount of season tickets sold means more tickets for general sale.

I do understand mate, I don't think it's going to cause our income to drop through the floor. I also don't think there'll be anything like a spike that's anything more than a rounding correction in our accounts, in a best case scenario. So it's all been for nothing, all you've done is annoyed people and driven away people who've been going for decades.

We definitely had multiple gates under 30k towards the end of the season, STHs who don't turn up still count(ed) towards the figures.

Have a look at Hwang's goal and Luton's goal here. Loads of gaps in the NB.

It won't be anyway as any increase is minor in comparison to TV Income. Its a cunts trick and should be called out for what it is.
I've called him a cunt every day for quite a few days now :)

It is a cunts trick, Sir Jack would be turning in his grave, but I think for Shi at least it'll be vindicated by the figures and that's all he and his bosses care about.

They don't care about the damage it's done, the community or people's mental health, not one tiny bit.

To be fair, those seats at the front of the North bank are frequently empty.
Not as many as that, look at Brentford in February (we were losing anyway too when Toney scores so some idiots will have sloped off early to watch I dunno, Police Camera Action at home or something)

I don’t think for a second Shi expected the number of renewals they’ve actually got, he’d have expected everyone to take them up on it. That’s the level of disdain he has for supporters. And if we sell out six times next season I’ll be amazed.

Definitely this, I was offered a ticket for Arsenal (I couldn't be bothered with the commute because it was an 8pm kick off IIRC) and my dad kept an eye in it selling out to sell it back and there was still GA available the day before.

Of the sub 31k attendances Fulham, Sheff U, Brentford and Burnley didn't sell their allocation. There's only Bournemouth which was below that because of Wolves fans in terms of tickets sold. As I said yesterday I think they'll surprised by the low number of Wolves fans prepared to spend £50 for a ticket for games like that.

Of the sub 31k attendances Fulham, Sheff U, Brentford and Burnley didn't sell their allocation. There's only Bournemouth which was below that because of Wolves fans in terms of tickets sold. As I said yesterday I think they'll surprised by the low number of Wolves fans prepared to spend £50 for a ticket for games like that.
I agree, but there'll be plenty of local glory hunters who will pay loads for a ticket for those games if they are aware they're available.

I very much doubt it. It's a ridiculous one-off price and more often than not these games are on TV anyway.

And is that our strategy now, hope it's 1993 again and plastic Manchester United fans turn up? Seems to me like there's an easier and better strategy, look after your own fans (who had already swallowed a 40% increase in 5 years)

Surely by definition a glory hunter is chasing success? So it depends on what type of season we have. Top half chasing Europe and you may be correct, bottom half I doubt it a lot. Can't see many paying it for a dead rubber against Brentford on the last game of the season

Back