• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
I've explained what I meant, don't be so obtuse.

I've also put up our gate money from 22/23 and asked how much higher you think that'll be in 24/25...no answer :)

None of it is justifiable, none of it is sustainable. Ignore what I'm doing personally right now, where does this leave Wolves in five years?
I know what you mean, but it isn't a fair analogy and I don't know what point you're arguing against it with anyway?

Gate money for 24/25? No idea obviously, depends what division we're in and how well we do next season generally. But again, what point do you think I'm making that means that's relevant?

I know what you mean, but it isn't a fair analogy and I don't know what point you're arguing against it with anyway?

Gate money for 24/25? No idea obviously, depends what division we're in and how well we do next season generally. But again, what point do you think I'm making that means that's relevant?
You reckon Jeff has won and his bosses will be pleased because we're making more money.

I don't think we are making more money, and if we do it's by a factor that's so low in correlation to the amount of discontent they've caused, even with people who've begrudgingly paid up.

Nor do I think Jeff has a single person above him at Fosun who cares what Wolves do day-to-day.

1. I absolutely do, yes.

2. I think we'll make more money over the course of next season on ticket sales including STs. Prices have significantly gone up, sales won't drop off *that* much to result in us not making more, that's obvious. They don't give a fuck about discontent, else they wouldn't have done it in the first place!!

3. I agree, which renders your point about discontent redundant!

Is it obvious, how do you know?

If we've gone from 22,000 STs to 18,000 STs or even lower then they have dropped off hugely.

Is it obvious, how do you know?

If we've gone from 22,000 STs to 18,000 STs or even lower then they have dropped off hugely.
If.

Neither of us know and I've explained how and why they will make huge sums on the Cat A games to make up for the losses on the Cat C games already. That's what they're banking on, and I think it'll work.

I think you've presented what is more or less a break even scenario, at absolute best a tiny, tiny profit, and so much needs to swing their favour to even make that work.

I think you've presented what is more or less a break even scenario, at absolute best a tiny, tiny profit, and so much needs to swing their favour to even make that work.
You think when all is said and done we'll lose 20% of ST holders.

I don't, and anecdotal evidence across TWF, Twitter and AT and adding the additional on the waiting list who buy in suggests I'm right.

Admittedly I haven't looked on MM as I like my eyes.

It'll be really interesting to see how this all pans out over the season.

Obviously a lot of it is effected by how we perform.

Part of me wants you to be right and they get a kick in the bollocks, but that won't be good for the club long term.

I don’t care who’s right, treating fans like that is a fucking disgrace and I for one will not give Fosun another penny. Fuck them. And I do think it will backfire on them this season, the majority have renewed but there are a large number that haven’t. And yes 2k+ really is a large number.

When ST sales were at a max, the ability to buy match tickets for the non-ST holder was more difficult and so demand exceeded supply for many games allowing a premium to be charged and achieved.
As ST numbers reduce, the availability on match day tickets increases and so they don't become such a sought after commodity. Supply outnumbers demand and therefore premium charges will not be paid and all sorts of discounts, inducements applied.

It wasn't 'that' many seasons ago that we regularly ran 4 for £40 promotions.

Nobody is paying £110 to sit in the North Bank, Wolves or away fan for a one off game. No Wolves fan is just going for those games either at £72 a ticket.

Shi runs the risk of losing money on gate receipts, particularly if we start losing.
If they did the museum experience before the game then they paid £192.00 to sit in the North Bank last season.

I'd be really interested to know how many games lapsed season ticket holders have been to.

I found the membership price oppressive and I didn't want to pay the membership plus actual ticket so last season I did one game, where a season ticket was going spare in my old group.

I wonder how many will baulk at paying £45. For me I'd have to attend 5 games+ to make it worthwhile but if I'm spending £250-350 I might as well buy the season ticket for the other 14 games.
Bit behind on this thread today, to go to your first point though... I had a ST from halfway through the promotion season, up until the end of the 22/23 season. Last season I went to 1 game, Brentford replay in the cup for a tenner

Well... relocatoing season ticket holders won't be able to look at the stadium plan and pick seats. Process is call the ticket office Friday morning from 09:00 and they'll talk you through what is available. Sounds, uhm, well...

Well... relocatoing season ticket holders won't be able to look at the stadium plan and pick seats. Process is call the ticket office Friday morning from 09:00 and they'll talk you through what is available. Sounds, uhm, well...
Ha, that's ridiculous and won't help sales at all.

WTF? They literally told me this last week:

1718701943091.png
Can't bloody phone them from Singapore it'll cost me more than the sodding ticket. Wankers.

When ST sales were at a max, the ability to buy match tickets for the non-ST holder was more difficult and so demand exceeded supply for many games allowing a premium to be charged and achieved.
As ST numbers reduce, the availability on match day tickets increases and so they don't become such a sought after commodity. Supply outnumbers demand and therefore premium charges will not be paid and all sorts of discounts, inducements applied.

It wasn't 'that' many seasons ago that we regularly ran 4 for £40 promotions.
There will be lots of availability. There will be lots of plastic Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal (etc) fans stupid enough to pay the prices for the band A games but there will be plenty of empty seats when we play the shit like Brentford, Bournemouth etc.

Oh and Fosun will NOT be giving away offers like "4 for £40"

WTF? They literally told me this last week:

View attachment 10704
Can't bloody phone them from Singapore it'll cost me more than the sodding ticket. Wankers.
Spoke to Fan Services 10 mins ago. Cited the new system as not allowing it. Complete coincidence you won’t be able to assess the renewal rate by looking at availability of course.

Back