• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Any business alienating a single customer isn’t “winning”. Good businesses keep customers happy and thrive on their repeat custom. Alienating loyal customers with ridiculous price hikes on inferior product isn’t winning. Especially when your customers are absolutely finite.

On this point I think only Shi and the accountants know what "high" is for the moment.

Whether the number ends up at, above, or below that is anyone's guess just now. Though you certainly wouldn't expect the number to match what it was last season from pure uptake; how that will translate into £££ I don't know.
It's been 95%+ every single year since 2018.

Anything below 90% this year is a serious drop off, if you start getting into <80% territory then there's no way you can call it "high", it doesn't stand up.

Whether people have renewed or not, and regardless of the emotional and mental to-ings and fro-ings of the last few weeks...whether those on the waiting list have taken the offer or not, wolves fans aren't the enemy. To each his own, everybody's circumstances and decision need no explanation to anybody.

Jeff Shi is a cunt. The damage he's done - and damage has definitely been done - won't be measurable by us. We know he's fucked up, and the degree of that isn't something fans deserve stick for.
And that isn't something that's happening either, other than at those like Powndland who gave it the big un initially and then renewed anyway, there are obviously varying degrees of this.

Anything below 90% this year is a serious drop off, if you start getting into <80% territory then there's no way you can call it "high", it doesn't stand up.
This is Fosun we're talking about here. An argument that stands up hasn't been their forte for a bit now. ;)

Depends how long term your plans are, not just in Fosuns case, but Shi's too.
But this doesn't really make sense, does it? If I'm trying to sell my old Honda, I'm not going to let the frame rust out before I do it.

Perhaps, but how many people said they weren't going to renew due to VAR even before the new price hikes came out?

Shi's attack on VAR looks even more cynical now! The bloke is playing 4D chess..

how many people said they weren't going to renew due to VAR even before the new price hikes came out?
I reckon other than heat of the moment, post-West Ham/Bournemouth (for example) hissy fits, you can measure this in the tens.

Not even on the top 20 of my list of issues.

Will they?
Yes.

At least 17% increases on the ST holders that do renew.

Even more on the people that become new ST holders replacing the non renewers, those prices haven't come out yet.

Probably around 70 quid a ticket for the CAT A games, PLUS more members all paying 45 quid for the privilege.

Yes there will be lower take up against say Bournemouth, but that will have been more than covered by the extortionate prices will pay to watch us play United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc.

We all know the long term effects of this, but in the short term, the club will make more money.

I reckon other than heat of the moment, post-West Ham/Bournemouth (for example) hissy fits, you can measure this in the tens.

Not even on the top 20 of my list of issues.
Doesn't matter though does it, that can be Shi's narrative.

Even more on the people that become new ST holders replacing the non renewers, those prices haven't come out yet.
There won't even be 1,000 of these people and I suspect you know this

Let's just talk about Dan's seat in the North Bank, that worked out at 38 quid a game with the renewal price I believe?

A new ST holder will pay around 45 quid a game I reckon?

If no one replaces Dan then

We will sell out the following games, definitely.

Villa, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea

For those games someone will be paying around 65 quid plus the membership of 45 quid

Those inflated prices will more than make up for the 3 or 4 games that Dan's seat doesn't get occupied against the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham

So at the end of the season that seat will have made more money that it would have done if Dan had renewed.

Long term that's shit, of course. But that's the thought process

Let's just talk about Dan's seat in the North Bank, that worked out at 38 quid a game with the renewal price I believe?

For those games someone will be paying around 65 quid plus the membership of 45 quid

Those inflated prices will more than make up for the 3 or 4 games that Dan's seat doesn't get occupied against the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham

So at the end of the season that seat will have made more money that it would have done if Dan had renewed.
£45 per game!?!?! You think season tickets are going to be £855 behind the goal?

£45 per game!?!?! You think season tickets are going to be £855 behind the goal?
Wouldn't surprise me :)

Shi doesn't want ST holders, he wants to screw us for every penny he can, even if it means it's not even Wolves fans watching us against United or Liverpool.

The atmosphere will be worse and we'll see trouble in the stands, but it's all about the bottom line.

Long term that's shit, of course. But that's the thought process
It's such a negligible gain even if all that pans out

Back