• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Let's just talk about Dan's seat in the North Bank, that worked out at 38 quid a game with the renewal price I believe?

A new ST holder will pay around 45 quid a game I reckon?

If no one replaces Dan then

We will sell out the following games, definitely.

Villa, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea

For those games someone will be paying around 65 quid plus the membership of 45 quid

Those inflated prices will more than make up for the 3 or 4 games that Dan's seat doesn't get occupied against the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham

So at the end of the season that seat will have made more money that it would have done if Dan had renewed.

Long term that's shit, of course. But that's the thought process
Nobody is paying £110 to sit in the North Bank, Wolves or away fan for a one off game. No Wolves fan is just going for those games either at £72 a ticket.

Shi runs the risk of losing money on gate receipts, particularly if we start losing.

It's such a negligible gain even if all that pans out
But it's a gain none the less and that's what Shi cares about, he doesn't give a fuck about mental health or how many years you've been going.

If he did care he wouldn't have made this decision in the first place.

But it's a gain none the less and that's what Shi cares about, he doesn't give a fuck about mental health or how many years you've been going.

That's not true, reputational damage will count as merchandise sales suffer as well potential sales suitors who may see sponsorship opportunities limited with all of the bad will generated.

It may not even be a gain in gate receipts either.

Nobody is paying £110 to sit in the North Bank, Wolves or away fan. No Wolves fan is just going for those games either at £72 a ticket.
I sat in the lower Steve Bull season against Fulham, it was 46.50 for the ticket and 45 quid for the membership (which I bought at the start of the season).

That's £91.50

Last edited:

It's so stupid though.

It's £4.20 I think in my local for a Guinness right now (that in itself is crazy but it's where we are). If I rock up and order one and Simon behind the bar says "that'll be £7 please Dan", I've got to pay it because I've ordered it now.

I would also never go there again.

That's not true, reputational damage will count as merchandise sales suffer as well potential sales suitors who may see sponsorship opportunities limited with all of the bad will generated.

It may not even be a gain in gate receipts either.
Merchandise sales may not suffer if new different fans are attending. Those that attend less frequently are more likely to spend more in the clubshop or on crap from the vendors.

It's so stupid though.

It's £4.20 I think in my local for a Guinness right now (that in itself is crazy but it's where we are). If I rock up and order one and Simon behind the bar says "that'll be £7 please Dan", I've got to pay it because I've ordered it now.

I would also never go there again.
I totally agree.

Although plenty who called Simon a cunt have gone back a few days later and paid the £7 albeit reluctantly.

I sat in the lower Steve Bull season against Fulham, it was 46.50 for the ticket and 45 quid for the membership (which I bought at the start of the season).

That's £91.50
You spent £91.50 on one game of football?

Merchandise sales may not suffer if new different fans are attending. Those that attend less frequently are more likely to spend more in the clubshop or on crap from the vendors.
You've just made that up. ST holders buy all manner of crap and even have refreshments in the stands.

I totally agree.

Although plenty who called Simon a cunt have gone back a few days later and paid the £7 albeit reluctantly.
Thing is I don't support Simon's pint of Guinness. I can get a better pint in the Western for half of his £7 so I'll go there instead.

I'm not going to go watch Leicester because their equivalent tickets are £321 (!!!) pounds cheaper than ours.

You spent £91.50 on one game of football?
When I renewed my membership at the start of the season I fully expected to go to more games, and I wanted to stay on the ST waiting list, so had to pay to meet the deadline.

As it turned out I only went to Fulham (and Coventry)

So yeah, in terms of comparison with an ST holder I paid 91.50 for ONE league game, I am a Jeff Shi wet dream... :sick:

(I also went to Anfield, but that was corporate and free)

Well yeah, which is why it's a poor analogy.
It's more that Simon* gets takings that are way up on the day. Simon's pleased, the brewery is pleased. A great strategy! It all worked because the Euros were on, England were playing, so the place was packed, everyone wanted to see the game with their mates and we sold out of Guinness even at the stupid prices.

What about six months down the line when it's the middle of winter, people have got pissed off with the stupid strategy and the "if you don't like it, don't come" attitude towards the blokes who've been using the pub for 20 years or more.

Well, you'd be fucked, wouldn't you and you don't look so clever.

*The real Simon is a nice bloke

Fosun have a monopoly on Wolves and they know it. As @Lycan says, nobody here is ever going to say "well Leicester are half the cost so I'll go support them this season". It's as bloody ridiculous as it sounds.

Fosun have a monopoly on Wolves and they know it. As @Lycan says, nobody here is ever going to say "well Leicester are half the cost so I'll go support them this season". It's as bloody ridiculous as it sounds.
Of course they aren't.

It's easier than you think though to say "I'd rather spend £0 than £735 on watching Matt Doherty while we brazenly give up on seasons halfway through".

Of course they aren't.

It's easier than you think though to say "I'd rather spend £0 than £735 on watching Matt Doherty while we brazenly give up on seasons halfway through".
For some, sure, not for others, as we've seen.

Neither camp is any worse than the other is all I mean, because both options are probably losers: you're either paying out the ass or you're not going at all.

Of course they aren't.

Which is why the pub analogy doesn't work.

Which is why the pub analogy doesn't work.
I've explained what I meant, don't be so obtuse.

I've also put up our gate money from 22/23 and asked how much higher you think that'll be in 24/25...no answer :)

None of it is justifiable, none of it is sustainable. Ignore what I'm doing personally right now, where does this leave Wolves in five years?

Back