• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
5) It's much easier for me to do as I sit on my own. The blokes on my row were decent sorts but I don't actually care if I never see them again, they aren't my mates, they aren't my family. There's also nothing to stop me meeting up for a beer before/after games with lads who have renewed if I want to
I think all of these points are correct and really valid but for many, the position of your seat and those you sit with are very important, Highly unlikely we could ever get six as well placed seats all together again [until a new stand was built] if we didn't renew

Also, and I'll keep banging this drum, how are you losing someone like me FFS? Doesn't sound like much of a win.

I know he doesn't give a shit about what I think or do but still.

But they will be.
They absolutely won't.

Lose thousands of STHs, while the diminished remainder pay ~17% more on average, and then we have hit and miss matchday sales across the season. It'll take a while for the accounts to come out for it to be proven either way but there's no way we're making appreciably more gate money in 2024/25 than we did in 2023/24. It doesn't add up.

So you've pissed loads of people off for no reason.

Framing the discussion this way devalues the supporters who renewed.

It’s never been about Jeff winning or losing, it’s about the supporters who are paying the price (literally and figuratively) along the way. Don’t make it worse by shaming those who swallowed the rise. I doubt many did it with eyes shut.
Exactly this Alan.

This whole Shi 'winning' is just designed to be inflammatory.

And to me personally it's nasty.

I have a mate at about 3000. Good yardstick will be if he's offered one. He won't take it if he is as he joined because it was free and he lived in the area at the time. He now has other financial commitments and lives four hours away.
I have a friend who bought 2 half season tickets for the second half of the 22/23 season and managed to get 2 of the 700 offered to the waiting list for 23/24 despite being told they would go to the back of the queue (they didn't have memberships before the half ST).

You've got to assume that only a small % of those that didn't take the option up last time will this year, especially with the price rise and Ill feeling towards the club.

I have a friend who bought a half season ticket for the second half of the 22/23 season and managed to get one of the 700 offered to the waiting list for 23/24 despite being told they would go to the back of the queue (they didn't have memberships before the half ST).

You've got to assume that only a small % of those that didn't take the option up last time will this year, especially with the price rise and I'll feeling towards the club.
Because we don't reset the list when someone says no, the top end of the list will be people who got offered one at ~£500 in 2019 when we had a superb team and said no.

Yes, they are going to pay £735+ now to watch 32 year old Matt Doherty.

Who's ready for the nuke when they announce they'll sell the leftovers at last season's rates

I think all of these points are correct and really valid but for many, the position of your seat and those you sit with are very important, Highly unlikely we could ever get six as well placed seats all together again [until a new stand was built] if we didn't renew
As I say, I'm very much aware that it's easier for me to do what I've done than it is for a lot of other people.

When I renewed under Hoddle it was when I was still going with my Dad. Had I been on my own then, I'd probably have cancelled.

Who's ready for the nuke when they announce they'll sell the leftovers at last season's rates
The stupid thing is that the prices for new Season Tickets are even higher than for renewals (I've never understood why that's the case).

Why does it make any difference?
Massive difference.

Everyone can be appalled at the increases, whether you have a ST or not but only ST holders know what it 'feels' like to renew or not renew.
If you don't have a ST you can't understand totally the attachment it can have. As many have said, it's about the social, emotional and relationship attachments as much as the football

The stupid thing is that the prices for new Season Tickets are even higher than for renewals (I've never understood why that's the case).
Seems a classic subscription trap to me. Just one more barrier for taking a year off, as it were.

I know he doesn't give a shit about what I think or do but still.
Well exactly, that's the point!

He'll have seen and heard all the noise, the 13k petition, the articles on BBC.

Then he made his tiny come down, the vast majority of people were happy with that, and that's that.

He'll hide behind VAR as the reason say 10% didn't renew rather than the cost, and his bosses will give him a pat on the back when come the end of the season and he's made a few extra quid. They won't give a fuck about the damage its done from a personal point of view to those who can't afford it, or aren't renewing on principle as they don't understand that concept.

His bosses don't care about Wolves, it doesn't cost Fosun money in the grand scheme of things. He isn't being given orders from above and he isn't reportable to anyone unless we totally fuck up (basically, relegation, which wipes off nearly all the value of the club overnight).

Massive difference.

Everyone can be appalled at the increases, whether you have a ST or not but only ST holders know what it 'feels' like to renew or not renew.
If you don't have a ST you can't understand totally the attachment it can have. As many have said, it's about the social, emotional and relationship attachments as much as the football
I had an ST for 25 years, I can fully understand that.

I gave mine up as I needed to divert my time and funds to my new born daughter, I loved going to Wolves, I absolutely understand how important it is, and I respect why people will have renewed.

Again though, that doesn't change the fact that Shi will feel vindicated as uptake has been high.

It's not a personal attack on renewers to say that Shi has won for each and every person who did renew, it's just a fact.

They absolutely won't.

Lose thousands of STHs, while the diminished remainder pay ~17% more on average, and then we have hit and miss matchday sales across the season. It'll take a while for the accounts to come out for it to be proven either way but there's no way we're making appreciably more gate money in 2024/25 than we did in 2023/24. It doesn't add up.

So you've pissed loads of people off for no reason.
Now I'm not sure how the club present season ticket sales in their accounts, but Shi's plan as we've all said here is any drop in ST renewals will mean they'll make money on that particular seat over the season, whether that's from a more expensive new ST holder or a member who will be paying for membership at 45 quid and a ticket at 70 quid.

That will more than cover the cost of lower crowds against the lesser clubs.

Whether people have renewed or not, and regardless of the emotional and mental to-ings and fro-ings of the last few weeks...whether those on the waiting list have taken the offer or not, wolves fans aren't the enemy. To each his own, everybody's circumstances and decision need no explanation to anybody.

Jeff Shi is a cunt. The damage he's done - and damage has definitely been done - won't be measurable by us. We know he's fucked up, and the degree of that isn't something fans deserve stick for.

On this point I think only Shi and the accountants know what "high" is for the moment.

Whether the number ends up at, above, or below that is anyone's guess just now. Though you certainly wouldn't expect the number to match what it was last season from pure uptake; how that will translate into £££ I don't know.

Now I'm not sure how the club present season ticket sales in their accounts, but Shi's plan as we've all said here is any drop in ST renewals will mean they'll make money on that particular seat over the season, whether that's from a more expensive new ST holder or a member who will be paying for membership at 45 quid and a ticket at 70 quid.

That will more than cover the cost of lower crowds against the lesser clubs.
Well we'll see won't we.

I don't think gate money is specifically split out in the accounts (it should be):

But I very much doubt you will see a big bump up in our turnover.

Back