• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Ok let's say it's 4k. (I don't think it'll be anywhere near that, just look on here and AT)

The bottom line income from gate receipts won't drop, as they'll make more money from charging new STs more, and/or they'll make more money from members or non members who go to 5 games a season filling those seats.

Yeah there will be 5 or so games a season with lower than previous attendances, but that'll be covered by the massive rises and the sold out other high profile games.

Also, those 4k (!) non renewed ST holders will be going to between 1 and 10 games a season too!

The only time it becomes a problem is when we are relegated, Shi doesn't care about that, he probably won't be here then.

Shi has won here, despite all the whinging, and those commendable people who did not renew on principle, there are thousands who still did despite saying they wouldn't.

I know people won't like reading this, and I'll get abuse, but it doesn't make it any less true.

I'd be really interested to know how many games lapsed season ticket holders have been to.

I found the membership price oppressive and I didn't want to pay the membership plus actual ticket so last season I did one game, where a season ticket was going spare in my old group.

I wonder how many will baulk at paying £45. For me I'd have to attend 5 games+ to make it worthwhile but if I'm spending £250-350 I might as well buy the season ticket for the other 14 games.

I'd be really interested to know how many games lapsed season ticket holders have been to.

I found the membership price oppressive and I didn't want to pay the membership plus actual ticket so last season I did one game, where a season ticket was going spare in my old group.

I wonder how many will baulk at paying £45. For me I'd have to attend 5 games+ to make it worthwhile but if I'm spending £250-350 I might as well buy the season ticket for the other 14 games.
Maybe I'll miss it more than I think I will right now, as it stands I plan on going to 0 games next season.

Not been to a game in either season since I gave mine up. I can also only think of a couple of occasions where I've been watching at home and thought I really wish I was there.

I intend to go to a few in theory, but I'm not paying the membership fee, so in all likelihood when push comes shove I'll not bother forking out £50 to sit in the Steve Bull to watch 15th placed Wolves play 16th placed Brentford, so that's probably me done until we go down

Maybe I'll miss it more than I think I will right now, as it stands I plan on going to 0 games next season.
The likes of the promoted teams at home and winnable mid-table games will be the ones I choose from. They'll be the cheapest and easiest to buy as well.

Ease to buy doesn't really come into it for single seats. My brother has only had a membership for all the time we've been in the PL, since 2021 there's not been a single game where he couldn't get a ticket if he wanted one (in fact I think this was only ever a problem in 2018/19). There'll be even more availability next season.

I’m looking forward to seeing how far down the waiting list people get offered season tickets. They can’t hide that.

Where I sit with it, all things considered now the dust has settled:

1) I think ticket sales will be so poor (relatively speaking) that they won't actually release a story on the website saying X number of renewals

2) I do not think you can say Jeff Shi has got this "right", he has fostered discontent, we will not make much if any money off it, there is no way our ticket prices should be so high

3) I don't look down on anyone who renewed, or even said they weren't going to do it and then did. Because it's a horrible position the club put us all in. The only exception would be those who went full attention seeker 2-3 weeks ago, indeed actively encouraging people to "follow them" and not renew, then backtracked. Don't think this applies to anyone on here or indeed anyone I care about

4) I don't regret not renewing, the reasons I set out a fortnight ago are the same now, although Mrs DW, my family and lots of my friends are still very surprised I didn't. I keep telling them it's a decision for now, not forever

5) It's much easier for me to do as I sit on my own. The blokes on my row were decent sorts but I don't actually care if I never see them again, they aren't my mates, they aren't my family. There's also nothing to stop me meeting up for a beer before/after games with lads who have renewed if I want to

6) I would not be surprised if we average significantly below 30,000 next season

7) As a long-term strategy it's awful from us and they can't keep lying about benchmarking etc

8) Jeff is a wanker

I’m looking forward to seeing how far down the waiting list people get offered season tickets. They can’t hide that.
How far did it get down last season? From the article Deutsch posted earlier they offered 700 tickets, you'd expect there to be a lot more than that this year and of the people who didn't take up the option this year you'd expect only a small % to take it up this year instead.

I just think any negativity directed at the “backtrackers” would be more appropriately directed at Shi.
I'm stating that for every ST renewal (especially those who said they wouldnt) Shi has won.

Jeff Shi is a cunt, but that doesn't make the above statement any less true.

I'm stating that for every ST renewal (especially those who said they wouldnt) Shi has won.

Easily said from a place of not having a season ticket.

I dunno man. Did he "win" in 2022 because I thought Lage was a total cunt and a joke of a manager, we inexplicably retained him, and I still renewed?

No, he just made a terrible, terrible call which hurt the football club.

Framing the discussion this way devalues the supporters who renewed.

It’s never been about Jeff winning or losing, it’s about the supporters who are paying the price (literally and figuratively) along the way. Don’t make it worse by shaming those who swallowed the rise. I doubt many did it with eyes shut.

Depends how you view Shi really. On the scale of 'dastardly, evil genius out to bleed every penny out of the club' to 'bumbling, incompetent fuckwit with no grasp of British football culture and without a single strategic thought in his head' I fall towards the later end.

As I said earlier, he hasn't 'won' because for many fans the damage he's done will be irreversible, whether they renewed or not. Any chance of a positive relationship between the fans and Fosun is basically over and that's good for absolutely nobody long term.

I have a mate at about 3000. Good yardstick will be if he's offered one. He won't take it if he is as he joined because it was free and he lived in the area at the time. He now has other financial commitments and lives four hours away.

It really doesn't work in such binary terms, and what even is a win in this context.
For Jeff it'll be how the numbers look to his bosses and whether they consider him to be doing a good job or not.

His bosses won't care a jot about anything else.

Back