• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
And is that our strategy now, hope it's 1993 again and plastic Manchester United fans turn up? Seems to me like there's an easier and better strategy, look after your own fans (who had already swallowed a 40% increase in 5 years)
That's Shi's strategy, yes.

You're wrong if you think I think it's the right way to go!!

Surely by definition a glory hunter is chasing success? So it depends on what type of season we have. Top half chasing Europe and you may be correct, bottom half I'm not so sure. Can't see many paying it for a dead rubber against Brentford on the last game of the season
I meant glory hunting fans of other clubs, United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc.

There will be a high % of them next season if they're aware there's tickets available for them, and like TT with the NFL they'll pay it for a one off.

Surely by definition a glory hunter is chasing success? So it depends on what type of season we have. Top half chasing Europe and you may be correct, bottom half I doubt it a lot. Can't see many paying it for a dead rubber against Brentford on the last game of the season
Think he's saying United fans (for example) in the West Mids (are there many these days?) will rock up and pay it. Particularly if we relax the rules around needing a supporter number etc.

I don't doubt *some* will but not many.

It's ridiculous.

I meant glory hunting fans of other clubs, United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc.

There will be a high % of them next season if they're aware there's tickets available for them, and like TT with the NFL they'll pay it for a one off.
There definitely are not loads of Man City fans round here

United and Liverpool, maybe, but I really don't know if they want to pay £60-70 to go to Molineux, especially if the game is on TV

It's all arse about face though

Ah ok, yes I agree with that, although there's not really many clubs that have that pull. Utd and Liverpool definitely, City, Chelsea and Arsenal possibly. Forest and Villa will have purchasing history restrictions, Spurs you'll get a couple of hundred Koreans more than usual.

It's all arse about face though
I know this!!!!

Also, i know 5 City fans for what it's worth, in Worcester and Kiddy they're in their 20s (used to play football with them) A new breed of glory hunters are emerging.

Not a chance there would be any in this area 15 years ago.

I know this!!!!

Also, i know 5 City fans for what it's worth, in Worcester and Kiddy they're in their 20s (used to play football with them) A new breed of glory hunters are emerging.

Not a chance there would be any in this area 15 years agom
Tell them your Wolves mate in Bradmore went to way more games at Maine Road than they've ever seen :D

The Man Utd STH at our place doesn’t bother going to the Wolves games and he lives in Oxley. The vast majority of Scousers at our place who moved down from Huyton and now live round here don’t bother going to watch Liverpool at Molineux even when they get offered free tickets. It’s a myth we’re going to be selling loads of tickets to casual away fans for £60+ when the die hard can’t be bothered at £30 or free.

The Man Utd STH at our place doesn’t bother going to the Wolves games and he lives in Oxley. The vast majority of Scousers at our place who moved down from Huyton and now live round here don’t bother going to watch Liverpool at Molineux even when they get offered free tickets. It’s a myth we’re going to be selling loads of tickets to casual away fans for £60+ when the die hard can’t be bothered at £30 or free.
Time will tell, but that's what Shi is banking on. It's his whole strategy.

Found out yesterday a chap at work paid £120 each for 2 tickets against Arsenal (he’s an Arsenal ‘fan’). So I can only assume this was a member reselling on stubhub or whatever.

Isolated case but I assume this happens a lot otherwise the tickets wouldn’t be reselling at that price.

Found out yesterday a chap at work paid £120 each for 2 tickets against Arsenal (he’s an Arsenal ‘fan’). So I can only assume this was a member reselling on stubhub or whatever.

Isolated case but I assume this happens a lot otherwise the tickets wouldn’t be reselling at that price.
Much depends on circumstance... I paid almost that for a shit view in the Palace end in Oct 22 simply because I couldn't get a Wolves away ticket. I happened to be in London for work that day so wanted to go... fucking hated most of it...shit stand, shit Palace fans around me, restricted view so if the ball went up in the air you didn't see it... and don't get me started on the parking around the ground. Only decent thing was the the chip shop down the road and the last goal Traore scored for us... a tap in header off memory to give us the lead that naturally we threw away.

So not so isolated really as I've paid OTT for other away games. I'm more than sure that others do the same.

So you might get 50 people do that. Maybe.

Hardly a great strategy to craft your ticketing model around that.

So you might get 50 people do that. Maybe.

Hardly a great strategy to craft your ticketing model around that.
You haven't got any data to prove it one way or the other. Rather think you are trying to use anything to justify your position.
We get it. We all agree the pricing is way OTT and that it has been handled poorly. Your point has been made. Relentlessly.

Surely the FA can see this model is no good for the 'product'. Might get a couple of years of tourists, the atmospheres will dissappear and the urge to sample it will diminish.

Where's the future supporter going to come from?, kids priced out and don't even need to leave the house today for entertainment.

Surely the FA can see this model is no good for the 'product'. Might get a couple of years of tourists, the atmospheres will dissappear and the urge to sample it will diminish.

Where's the future supporter going to come from?, kids priced out and don't even need to leave the house today for entertainment.
Rather think those old cruddies will think the opposite... such as "what a good job we've done that clubs can now charge these prices to see our football."

You haven't got any data to prove it one way or the other. Rather think you are trying to use anything to justify your position.
We get it. We all agree the pricing is way OTT and that it has been handled poorly. Your point has been made. Relentlessly.

Yes mate we are getting thousands of otherwise uninterested fans to pay £60 for one ticket, because you went to Selhurst once. Behave.

I'll bang on about it because it's important. Don't like it, you know where the ignore button is.

Rather think those old cruddies will think the opposite... such as "what a good job we've done that clubs can now charge these prices to see our football."
Sadly, your more than likely correct.

Yes mate we are getting thousands of otherwise uninterested fans to pay £60 for one ticket, because you went to Selhurst once. Behave.

I'll bang on about it because it's important. Don't like it, you know where the ignore button is.
Just think you are overdoing it a bit.

Back