• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

You’d make Forest and Leicester favourites to stay up with the fixtures they’ve got left.

Would help us if the players can come back from the holiday they started before kick off yesterday if they fancy finishing higher though.
Just hope Lops had them back in Compton today instead of letting them jet back home for the Bank Holiday. Players’s socials have been quiet.

Just hope Lops had them back in Compton today instead of letting them jet back home for the Bank Holiday. Players’s socials have been quiet.
Well he said work starts today to fix what happened.
Whether that is with the players or just the coaching team rewatching the game and asking what the fuck was he doing every 30 seconds I don't know.

B
You’d make Forest and Leicester favourites to stay up with the fixtures they’ve got left.
Bound to be a fluke result in the last 3/4 games but can’t see anyone of the teams below us winning more than one

Saints - 2 draws
Everton - 1 win (probably us 😏)
Leicester - 1 win / 1 draw
Leeds - 1 draw (and I’m being generous)
Forest - 1 win

So Saints, Everton and Leeds

Everton and Leeds have very tough fixtures, both have to play Man City I think

Results so far this weekend have got to be good for us surely, hoping after next weekend there'll be a sizable gap between us and the bottom 5.

I'm not worrying really, just taking part in the discussion as an alternative to arguing whether Sa is any good or whether I should pledge my allegiance to Charley on Saturday😉
I haven't worried about relegation since we beat Chelsea.

Surely any fears of teams down near the bottom turning water into wine in the next month are allayed by this weekends shower of shit?! Everyone losing (apart from the ones playing clowns even worse than themselves), goals being shipped left right and centre, winning positions thrown away for defeats not even draws. It’s every reason why they’re not turning it around in one set of fixtures.

Leeds to press the 'Big Fat Sam' button? :LOL:

Appreciate this is a generalisation but I think it's all circular, the money players earn, the lives that gives them the licence to lead, the amount fans have to pay, the social media bearpit. It's created probably a bigger divide than ever between the two aside from stunted PR exercises. There was an Arsenal clip a couple of weeks ago that was very similar. The Wolves video with Fraser and Lemina was genuine, it stood out for it's integrity, but it's an outlier these days

The internationalization of the game has inevitably hurt that connection, as well, IMO.

I like Weston McKennie. I think he's a decent player and seems to be generally an alright guy. How much do I think he genuinely cares about LUFC or the city of Leeds? Barely at all, I'd guess. In fact, go right through their squad. How many players there really love Leeds United? Dan Ayling maybe, and then...

But obviously we're never going back to the days of a Premiership winning squad being majority British. And whilst that has meant that the quality of the league has increased to the absurd standard we watch today, something is certainly lost in the "community" aspect of a club.

This is not picking on the Prem; I imagine this could be observed in probably every league with a major broadcast deal in place (and even a few where there isn't).

There was an Arsenal clip a couple of weeks ago that was very similar.
The Dad of one off the girl defended the club on that one. The vid was as the players were arriving and they needed to get in the dressing room (presume late arrival fines), hence the quick half arsed smiles for the camera.
After the video, the mascots were invited in the dressing room and spent time with the players, chatting, pics etc.

A bit odd from the club to do the official stuff for the cameras and the parents at a time the players can't give more than 5 seconds of their time when 10 mins later things are more relaxed and friendly.

The community definitely wants a football club to be in the best leagues, makes the town/city feel better.
The football club has to want the community, we’ve been very up and down with it, Nuno ( remember him?) he got it and actively encouraged it, players bought into it and then the community feeds into it.
The Portuguese Dean Saunders he never got it, didn’t care, you look as his unveiling or first day video, walking round on his phone not giving a toss,hopefully we’ve now got a manager who seems to get it and wants to build ties again.
Players wise, Adama, Coady, were definitely getting it ( or doing a good job of pretending), our social media team do a good job a lot of the time,

Little lad only wanted a wave from the players and security went and stood right in front of him. Not a good look. Modern football eh?

Half arsed apology from the players today (or the club social media team to make it look like they are sorry).

Incoming, an over the top video of the kid being invited to the club, meeting the players and getting some freebies.

Everton:

Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Leicester:

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Forest:

Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leeds:

City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Tottenham (H).

Cannot predict how this is going to end!

Back