• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

I'd love to see Everton finally go down. And Leeds purely for Radrizzani the prick.

Leicester would be the cherry on top as it will take a big rebuild as they have very little money to spend, although player sales would counter that. Can't see them dropping now though.

Saints are still done. So for me it's an almighty scrap between Forest and Everton, with the latter scraping it by 1 point or even GD on thr final day.

What's the highest finish for a team that was bottom at Christmas?

A quick scan looks like 14th is right, at least recently - 13/14 and 14/15 with Sunderland and Leicester (the year before they won the title!)

Everton to go now please. £309m off losses for FFP and made a ridiculous claim for Covid to avoid breach last year. Auditors changed as they refused to sign off on the accounts.

If Everton go it isn’t a case of flog Pickford and cut your cloth. It’s fucking Armageddon

Just did the predictor thing and had Forest, Everton and Southampton going down. I could live with that!

Racist Shelvey already annoying Cooper with his shit attitude in training. What an awful signing.

Never liked him as a footballer, sends endless Hollywood passes straight out of play every game and has the mobility of a pensioner. Watch him after about 20 minutes, always bent over in the middle of the pitch with his hands on his knees. Maybe he smokes 60 a day or something.

To make this interesting we could pretend that the points we won under Lage don't exist.

Could we survive if Lop had taken over with wolves on 0 points?

We'd currently be 18th, 1 point behind Everton in 17th.

(Assume GD remains unchanged for this)

Toss of a coin between it being Leeds or Everton along with Forest and Saints.
Agree Everton going down has Leeds 2004 written all over it.

When do Everton use Danny Murphy's 'they'll find a way to stay up because they're Everton' card?

Because they're running out of games now.

Think Everton going down would be the biggest relegation in the PL era, would eclipse Villa and Leeds relegation not been outside top flight since early 60’s I think.

When do Everton use Danny Murphy's 'they'll find a way to stay up because they're Everton' card?

Because they're running out of games now.
They ripped it up when they sacked his mate Frank as Frank would 'find a way'

Their last games are really tough. Only us, Leicester and Bournemouth are their ‘winnable’ fixtures and Leicester are turning the tide slightly, and if it’s a final day decider between them and Bournemouth, Bournemouth will smash them.

We’ll beat Everton at home.

Back