• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

I’m really struggling to decide between Everton, Leicester and Leeds. They’re all rancid and the latter two don’t have to play us again so may not get another win this season. I’d love to see them all go but with S’ton and Forest done it’s a three team scrap for that one place.
Leeds will always struggle, they’re wank. So I’d take Leicester or Everton. Ideally Leicester with Everton to finally bite the dust next season.

Ideally Leicester with Everton to finally bite the dust next season.
If you could promise me this then yes, but it won’t happen so needs to be Everton this year. Please make it happen. Putting that nail in their coffin will be fantastic

If you could promise me this then yes, but it won’t happen so needs to be Everton this year. Please make it happen. Putting that nail in their coffin will be fantastic
It would. But their squad is fucking awful, one window wouldn’t fix that even if they could afford to which they can’t, surely it would be a season too far? Leicester should improve next year you’d have thought, Everton won’t. I’d take Leicester as the bonus because they won’t be down there again any time soon I wouldn’t think.

But yeah if it is Everton who go I’m not going to be unhappy about it, it is their time after being so jammy for years now.

It would. But their squad is fucking awful, one window wouldn’t fix that even if they could afford to which they can’t, surely it would be a season too far? Leicester should improve next year you’d have thought, Everton won’t. I’d take Leicester as the bonus because they won’t be down there again any time soon I wouldn’t think.

But yeah if it is Everton who go I’m not going to be unhappy about it, it is their time after being so jammy for years now.
They’ve already got big fees for Richarlison and Gordon, then they might end up doing the same with Pickford and then maybe Onana as well. Will probably free them of FFP and allow them to rebuild a bit. I want them gone, their blatant cheating of FFP which seems to have been ignored needs to be punished and relegation this year will be fine for me.

I'd like Leicester to go because I think they have the most potential to rebuild properly. I could see Leicester being a direct rival over the next few seasons whereas I don't think the others would be.

I'd like Leicester to go because I think they have the most potential to rebuild properly. I could see Leicester being a direct rival over the next few seasons whereas I don't think the others would be.
I think the opposite, don't mind Leicester and I think they're on a downward trend. Smith has done ok so far steadying the ship but he's no Lopetegui, don't think they'll have much money to spend, a few playersviut of contract I think, they'll be relegation scrappers again next season.
I'd like Southampton to survive but that's pretty much impossible.
My preference for the drop would be Everton, Forest and Leeds.

Leicester will need to bin Dean Smith off and get a decent manager before they’re a rival. They’ll lose Maddison, Tielemans and probably Barnes in the summer regardless of whether they stay up too.

If Leicester stay up they will chuck everything at Potter.

An outside chance they might reward Smith but then they will be looking for his replacement quite soon.

Would Potter take it? At best Leicester will meander around midtable for the foreseeable I would have thought. Suppose it depends on other offers.

Would Potter take it? At best Leicester will meander around midtable for the foreseeable I would have thought. Suppose it depends on other offers.
Don't know. Guess will it come down to transfer budgets, putting a scout in South America and a promise the owner won't buy players without telling him.

Leicester's squad is in a mess. Soyuncu, Tielemens and I think Ndidi are out of contract. Vardy way past his best and Maddison entering the last year of his contract so likely to go. The rest of the squad, Barnes aside is bang average at best.

Whoever takes the job on has a massive rebuilding task to get them competitive again.

Edit - Not Ndidi

The following are out of contract: Evans, Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez, Tete

Last edited:
Just did the predictions calculator and had Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton going. I had Bournemouth only getting 1 more point, a draw with Leeds on Saturday. Probably given others too many points against the sides that'll be on the beach

Just did the predictions calculator and had Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton going. I had Bournemouth only getting 1 more point, a draw with Leeds on Saturday. Probably given others too many points against the sides that'll be on the beach
Amongst others Bournemouth play Leeds, Saints, Palace and Everton. Given their recent form I’d expect them to pick up more than a point. Huge game for Leeds at the weekend as after that their fixtures are tough.

Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace3810131537:48-1143
West Ham United
West Ham United3810101839:53-1440
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wolverhampton Wanderers381172033:54-2140
AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth381072138:73-3537
Leicester City
Leicester City38972249:64-1534
Everton FC
Everton FC387102131:59-2831
Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest387102131:70-3931
Leeds United
Leeds United38792246:75-2930
Southampton FC
Southampton FC38772431:68-3728

I had

16. Leicester
17. Leeds
18. Forest
19. Everton
20. Southampton

We sent Everton down on the penultimate weekend.

Back