• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

I don't doubt it's possible to talk yourself into the prospect of going down, I'd question why you'd wish to do that :)

We aren't going to lose our next six games, are we. I'd be astounded if we didn't win at least one, and that's on the ultra-pessimistic side.

I don't doubt it's possible to talk yourself into the prospect of going down, I'd question why you'd wish to do that :)

We aren't going to lose our next six games, are we. I'd be astounded if we didn't win at least one, and that's on the ultra-pessimistic side.

As I’ve said win tomorrow and it’s done and dusted. If we can’t manage 2-3 points between now and the end then relegation would be fully deserved.

If we can’t manage 2-3 points between now and the end then relegation would be fully deserved.

Not only that, there's no way the four teams directly below us all go on runs that enable them to overtake us

It all depends on us really win tomorrow and what Forest do is pretty irrelevant means we’re a game closer with the same gap.
Sorry - I wasn't making reference to the Forest game as a concern for us if they win and we lose . I'm just making reference to the relegation battle and the dog eat dog battle that it has become .

I think we'll be fine too and will get points somewhere along the way in the remaining 6 .

Actually looking at Everton's remaining 6 fixtures - that's a tough run to the end . If Southampton could put some points on the board it really makes it interesting . Leicester as well , they have Leeds this week and will have some confidence from Saturday .

Leeds and Forest currently look totally incapable of beating anyone. Leeds have collapsed at the back with Meslier being more Meslier than ever, and Forest haven't won since 5th Feb.

They loathe Gordon so the atmosphere will be lively, but they'd still need Newcastle to not show up to win you'd think. You can maybe talk yourself into Leicester and Everton getting another 7 or 8 points, but not Leeds and Forest unless Brighton are totally shagged

I’d back Newcastle to dispatch of Everton more than I would Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and probably United.

Not only that, there's no way the four teams directly below us all go on runs that enable them to overtake us
Better find some wood and knock on it, homie.

Agree, we’ll have enough to get over the line in the next six games but it’ll probably come when we don’t expect it like against Brighton or Man U.

The annoying thing to me is that we are such a benevolent team at the moment as seen on Saturday and previous games against Leeds, Bournemouth and Newcastle to some degree, where, although we haven’t been great in these games we deserved to get more than 2 points from a possible 24.

Get a scrawny win and another draw from the that lot and there wouldn’t be an any discussion. We’ve just added pressure upon ourselves due to our total lack of game management, brain farts and probably a bit of bad luck

We’ll probably do a Wolves thing tomorrow and settle Woys nerves giving Palace the points to confirm their survival, which is the quandary we’re in as you never know what team are gonna turn up.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong

As a lifelong glass half empty Wolves fan this thread has turned into something of a comfort blanket for me,
Every time I start thinking “fuck we ain’t gonna do it”, I read this thread and am able to tell my inner self to behave.

I'll be watching the Leeds v Leicester game on the BT tonight. Just can't bear to watch a below par performance throughout the team and the crowd turning against the players. Best thing imo would be a early incident that ignites the players/fans.

Back