• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Two of Leicester, Forrest, Everton & Leeds are staying up.

Out that 4 I think Everton and Leeds would be most screwed by relegation.

Forest’s wage bill seems like it must be massive just by sheer volume.

Two of Leicester, Forrest, Everton & Leeds are staying up.

Might be two whipping boys next year. Leicester will need a huge rebuild, Everton are in financial ruin (Dyche will make them hard to beat if anything), Forest will sign another new squad of players and Leeds are intent on being gung ho with a squad that no longer has the fitness or cutting edge.

Leeds have conceded 11 goals in their last two matches , both at home , and they might still stay up . There are a lot of very average teams in the Premier League .

I thought he was on a season long loan with an option to make it permanent?

He is and by all accounts the fee is really low (£5m or so).

But if Everton go down they can't afford to do it full stop, and if they stay up Dyche obviously doesn't rate him - he plays Michael Keane instead, who is appalling - so what would be the point, unless they seriously fancy their chances of doing a 2018 Afobe flip. But where would he go in turn.

He's on quite a lot of money, so they'd be paying him that to do more or less nothing until they find this mystery buyer, all the time reducing that sweet sweet profit.

I don't know, Sean stopped taking my calls after I kept saying he would definitely only do a Nickelback medley on a karaoke night, with the possible exception of the odd Joe Cocker number.

I don't think he'll play for Wolves again, we've moved on.

No, he'll be told to find a club and train on his own.

Harsh but that's the rub.
Looks like he's under contract until 2025. I can't see anyone offering him near what he gets now. Do you reckon he'd take a salary cut to get game time somewhere or just see out his contract

Coady would surely walk into the backline of whoever comes up via the play-off?

Edit: wages depending

Looks like he's under contract until 2025. I can't see anyone offering him near what he gets now. Do you reckon he'd take a salary cut to get game time somewhere or just see out his contract
I think he would. He lives near St. Helen's so I can see him going somewhere commutable from there.

I don't think we'd stand in his way, he doesn't offer us anything and we're not stupid enough to hold him back.

If Doherty can get a move to Madrid then Coady will get a move somewhere.

I think he would. He lives near St. Helen's so I can see him going somewhere commutable from there.

I don't think we'd stand in his way, he doesn't offer us anything and we're not stupid enough to hold him back.

If Doherty can get a move to Madrid then Coady will get a move somewhere.
Hope so, he deserves better than being a one-man bomb squad back at Wolves.

Back