• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

The problem with MGW is he picks up pockets of space but can be fairly wasteful in them. He needs a decent coach more than anything, and one who can teach him to track back and do some dirty work too.

Could see Leeds beating Liverpool tomorrow and then it’s between Everton, Forest and Leicester for who joins Southampton.
Question is, does he actually want to be coached, you know?

Doesn’t seem that way from here.

Forest go down and they probably keep Cooper but will have to sell most of the players they bought and streamline their squad again.

On the other hand I'd like to see one of Everton or Leicester go down as it would probably take them more than one season to sort out their finances and squad turnover and come back up again.

Forest go down and they probably keep Cooper but will have to sell most of the players they bought and streamline their squad again.

On the other hand I'd like to see one of Everton or Leicester go down as it would probably take them more than one season to sort out their finances and squad turnover and come back up again.
Would agree about Everton - supposedly all the Leicester players’ contracts have punitive salary cuts upon relegation.

They tried and had a go, they lack quality so guess it depends on how you define well and where you set your expectations
Their keeper kept them in it. Not scoring one or two chances when the opposition had 20 odd isn’t going to have you competing in many matches.

Their keeper kept them in it. Not scoring one or two chances when the opposition had 20 odd isn’t going to have you competing in many matches.
Yep, Navas made some really wonderful saves to stop it being 4 or 5.

Forest and Southampton are surely done. Probably Leicester too which would mean that Everton fluke to safety once again.
Evertons run-in looks pretty tough, they have a huge game away at Leicester in 2 weeks that will go a long way to deciding who drops.

If I was betting, I'd be leaning toward Everton going - I think Leicester will just about get out of it

How Leicester's players react to Dean Smith now the City game is out of the way and they have some winnable fixtures will be massive for them. They've lost 9 and drew 1 of their last 10 games so they are under big pressure against us at home.

giphy.gif

So essentially Forest need to play us 38 times a season...

View attachment 7178

Forest fans losing it with MGW.
This is such a shame. Regardless of the shithousing this season, it would be unfortunate if he were to become Staffordshire's Del Ali.

I still think there's a player in there and ironically, Lopetegui would be exactly the right type of manager to bring the best out of him.

By the very nature of how he plays MGW is always going to be a frustrating player and when the team is on a bad run it will only get worse. He’s looked very good at times for them this season imo

Back