• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

@Deutsch Wolf was Sancho secretly shite at Dortmund or what??
Nope, but a) it's becoming a bit of a deluxe Eredivisie in terms of whether good players from the Bundesliga work out in England, and b) United have never ever used him how Dortmund did.

He hasn't helped himself with general fitness and application either.

He always looked superb when I saw him for Dortmund. Which admittedly wasn’t much. Utd are/were such a basket case they’ve ruined many a career since Ferguson.

Reactions: b3h
He did have Haaland to play with/off at Dortmund, which is a bit of a cheat code

I think 2 wins would be enough. Plus a couple of draws.

Perhaps if those two wins come against Leeds and Everton and send those two into the mire a bit. But again, they haven’t shown that kind of form for some time now and I can’t see Dean Smith turning the tide.

Nope, but a) it's becoming a bit of a deluxe Eredivisie in terms of whether good players from the Bundesliga work out in England, and b) United have never ever used him how Dortmund did.

He hasn't helped himself with general fitness and application either.
We discussed this about a few players yesterday (Havertz was another one) - it's like these clubs don't actually watch them play, but that can't be the case. But they must have watched how Sancho played for Dortmund, and then decided 'nah, play this way instead now'

I’m baffled how people are still think we are in the mix?

You can’t be on 34 points after 31 games and go down. Certainly not with the trajectory of the last 24 points.

You can’t be effectively 8 points clear of relegation with 7 games left to play and be in the mix, particularly with 4 teams of cushion

You also can’t be a win away from it being “done” with 7 games to play if you are still in the mix. If it has potential to be done with 6 games to play you weren’t actually in the mix.

Think I’ve posted about it before, but one of the stats boys that everyone hates did some analysis that basically suggested that the Bundesliga’s general pace of play is notably higher than the other “big” top flights. I think Dan’s Eredivisie analogy is probably pretty sound and tracks with that.

Add Mkhitaryan to the top of the list. Timo Werner too
Kagawa as well.

Werner is just Werner tbh. Loads of good bits but you would never bank on him scoring a one on one.

You can’t be on 34 points after 31 games and go down. Certainly not with the trajectory of the last 24 points.

You can’t be effectively 8 points clear of relegation with 7 games left to play and be in the mix, particularly with 4 teams of cushion

You also can’t be a win away from it being “done” with 7 games to play if you are still in the mix. If it has potential to be done with 6 games to play you weren’t actually in the mix.
Leicester - in must win territory they'll be up for it
Palace - CL form under Roy
Brighton - This year's PL surprise team
Villa - Best form in the country
United - Need the win to to stay in CL places
Everton - Down if they don't beat us
Arsenal - Win for the title
DOOMED

He always looked superb when I saw him for Dortmund. Which admittedly wasn’t much. Utd are/were such a basket case they’ve ruined many a career since Ferguson.
I will be sad if Bellingham ends up there

Navas may not be at his peak, but the highlight reel still do go crazy

Personally I don't think we're in the mix, if we carry on and everyone else carries on as they are then we won't be in the mix

We'll only end up being back in the mix if we start seeing some freak results.

Back