• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Just could do without Man Utd not having a day off this afternoon.
Media consensus is Leicester will get enough points in the next four matches to stay up.

Yep I think there's a 50/50 chance we'd go down with 34 points. We aren't going to end up with that though
Yep. 2015-16 was the last time anyone in 18th spot had more than 34 - Newcastle on 37

Who posted the stats that showed almost nothing changes in the bottom quarter over the final 5-6 fixtures?

Well West Ham won’t be getting any closer to us this weekend

If we were just one of a couple of teams the bottom 3 were chasing it would be more concerning but there’s a lot of traffic behind us. 4 teams between us and the bottom 3.

I don't think it'd be concerning regardless, we're massively outperforming all the teams below us bar Bournemouth (and fair play to them). Even if you took a couple out of the equation magically, we'd be comfortable.

For instance we have 24 points since the World Cup. Leicester have 8. There's no realistic way they totally reverse that, out of the blue (and we fall off a cliff at the exact same time).

If our points per game under Lopetegui halved for the final 7 games we’d still end up on 39
To develop on this: Leicester have averaged 0.5 PPG over the same period. If they double that output - under Dean Smith, who was sacked by Norwich for being shit in the Championship - they'll end on 32.

Useful point for West Ham, that's the issue with the predictions and thinking on the race, almost no one seems to consider those outlier results like that.

As unambitious as it sounds not losing versus Leicester is the target, as its not just the point it's the taken away a game for a rival.

Useful point for West Ham, that's the issue with the predictions and thinking on the race, almost no one seems to consider those outlier results like that.

As unambitious as it sounds not losing versus Leicester is the target, as its not just the point it's the taken away a game for a rival.
I think that's fair, it only takes a couple of freak results before we're nervously looking over our shoulder again

There’s zero evidence to suggest we’ll get caught and that’s all we can go on.
However lose next week and that drops the gap to 6 to Leicester.
Just get something next Saturday and it kills off any chance of Leicester catching us.

Just could do without Man Utd not having a day off this afternoon.
Media consensus is Leicester will get enough points in the next four matches to stay up.

They will but only if two of Everton, Forest and Leeds fall off a cliff edge which I can’t see happening. I could see one doing it, but not two.

I could see Leeds getting a point tomorrow and I think they’ve made up JUST enough points over the last couple of games to allow for them to have a bit of a flounder. It’s down to Everton or Forest for me, and I think Dyche will drag Everton to safety just.

You’re also relying on Leicester to win 3 of their last 8 games - possibly 4 to be certain. They haven’t shown that kind of form for months.

You’re also relying on Leicester to win 3 of their last 8 games - possibly 4 to be certain. They haven’t shown that kind of form for months.
I think 2 wins would be enough. Plus a couple of draws.

Back