• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season Games 2018

I had an argument after the Sheffield United away game with a fan who asked what Neves was offering that was any different to Edwards. :icon_lol:
OMG lol that is hilarious not sure how you reply to that haha

I'm slowly preparing myself for Doc to be first choice RWB. That said I don't think Jonny looked too comfortable on his left (new club etc etc etc of course)

Doherty played well today. In the team on merit

Then you're hoping we buy a ready-made LB who can step straight in to the starting 11 from next weekend this week then.

Ideally yes. We clearly were trying to get Zinchenko weren't we, and he has played there among his versatile uses. I reckon we might give Giles a go until Vinagre returns. Who knows? We need to find out where Jonny is going to be best and I would rather we completed that experiment against Villareal instead of Everton, for sure.

I agree with Giles being first choice until Vinny returns I don't like square pegs in round holes and Jonny whilst clearly a good player looks very weak on his left. I don't get the impression that Zinchenko wants to come and if that is the case I would worry about letting Barry go.

Vinagre will be back before the Villarreal game and he won't have time off as the tournament basically replaces his pre-season training with us

Don't like Saïss at RCB. Other than that not too unhappy with anyone.

Coady, Boly, Jonny & Doherty all had some poor touches/passes but I think that was more down to playing in the middle of a monsoon than a lack of quality.

I agree with Giles being first choice until Vinny returns I don't like square pegs in round holes and Jonny whilst clearly a good player looks very weak on his left. I don't get the impression that Zinchenko wants to come and if that is the case I would worry about letting Barry go.

I'd wouldn't object to seeing Vinny or Giles given a go as I think both are very good.

Either that or go balls out for Grimaldo.

I think we need to avoid the panic button before we see the conclusion of the summer business. We don't let Douglas go without something being sorted.

I'd wouldn't object to seeing Vinny or Giles given a go as I think both are very good.

Either that or go balls out for Grimaldo.
Grimaldo would be an epic signing, if there is even a small chance we should go for it. Vinny will be top class in a few years but I would prefer him used gently to start with.

Grimaldo has a €53m release clause but would supposedly be allowed to leave for around €30m.

A lot of money for a WB. I guess we were prepared to pay similar for Cancelo though.

We were going to nearly 40 million for Cancelo. The cash is there isn't it.

I’d pay the 30m euros all day

I've not even read his name being linked with anyone this window other than Spurs a month ago. A bit odd if he's available at that price and is really good.

After today I think we have issues which Nuno needs to sort as they are of his own making
Jonny or Giles can't play LWB. One hasn't got a left foot, the other can't defend. He's a career winger, that's not his fault, but he got rinsed for their second goal.
Saiss will never make a right sided centre half. If he wants all CH's to be comfortable on the ball then he needs to switch Saiss and Boly over, if not get used to seeing Saiss get done on his right hand side.
Nuno, over to you.

Back