• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Think the plan is Boly right centre-back. Miranda central. Hause left. With Bennett/Coady/Saiss offering cover and Batth likely to go by end of August, or maybe January, depending what kind of bid(s) we get.

If Batth does leave, then it was pointless appointing him as captain in the pre season tour.

It was a friendly? Who really cares?

Seems quite clear to me that Batth has a fight on to get in the team and could well leave this window. What GFFH has said is how I imagine it would be when Hause is fit

If Batth does leave, then it was pointless appointing him as captain in the pre season tour.

Not if you read and took on board the multiple replies to your post a few days ago asking why he was made captain for pre-season.

As has been said being named Captain is really not that important - you need more than 1 leader on the field & no point putting his nose out of joint. If he does stay he might be needed on occasions - if he's here but not playing Nuno will just name someone on the field as Captain

Didn't we do a club captain/team captain thing not too long ago with Craddock and Henry? Or have I made that up?

Jody was club captain until he left. Played one game in his final two years.

Was he appointed captain for the preseason? Or was it just that he wasn't removed as captain from the end of last season? Strikes me as the last decision you make before heading into the season opener, the manager is the captain in preseason and everyone is fighting to be in that first squad. A leader/captain will emerge from that process. You don't appoint one now as he assumes he is a guaranteed starter and slacks off in preseason. I want them all fighting to play.

Perhaps Frank could provide a link to where on the official website the Captain appointment was made for the upcoming season.

I really don't understand the fuss about captaincy in football. In Rugby and cricket they have defined roles that others can't do, such as picking bowlers and setting fields in cricket, and talking to the ref, making calls on penalties in Rugby. In football they are there for the coin toss (and the manager will have told them what to do). You don't need to wear and armband to lead, look at Adams and Psycho for England in the 90s.

Perhaps Frank could provide a link to where on the official website the Captain appointment was made for the upcoming season.
I didn't say it was for the season.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He hasn't been made captain of anything. He just hasn't been stripped yet.

Just under 3000 Wolves fans will be at Shrewsbury on Saturday. 130 tickets left.

Mental for a friendly game.

Forest took 6000 to Meadow Lane last night. It is just over the river though!

Meadow Lane holds over 20,000 so plenty of room for Forest fans to walk there while Shrewsbury holds about 9,000 so we will take up a third of their ground so about equal

Everyone is desperate for the football season and guess it's cheap viewing

Great start :icon_lol:

What was Ruddy doing?

Shrewsbury probably had most of the possession and territory. Miranda shakey on the ball. Ruddy has been odd, one imperious catch, one fumble while distributing and then the fumbled cross

Douglas put a cracking ball in then, dicko couldn't quite reach

Back