• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

According to Whoscored he started 22 games at right back so having four bad games (for someone who'd never really played there before) isn't a bad hit rate. Put it this way, if we go back to a back four at any point and it's a straight choice between him and Doherty for whatever reason, I know which one I'd go for.

Put it this way, if we go back to a back four at any point and it's a straight choice between him and Doherty for whatever reason, I know which one I'd go for.

Tell us then!

Work it out for yourself, Clouseau.

Don't think many took him to the cleaners. Sure he got beat a few times but all full backs do. If we had signed him as a RB we would have been pretty happy with his contribution last season. Not saying he is brilliant btw, far from it but I have seen plenty of career right backs who are worse than Coady in that position
Yes we have had far worse, maybe I should have said he's not quick enough to be a good RB, one that would be suitable for the top half of the league.

I don't mind him as cover for a number of positions and he's a real character, which is always good to have.

I am very interested to see how he develops in that role, could even potentially be captain if he excels.....one step at a time though need to see some league action first!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too surprised if Coady were captain should Batth leave any time soon. I think he was captain for all Liverpool youth sides.

I've already circulated it to every Football League club, there's a brilliant left back on offer, we don't need him now as we've bought one and we're after another.

As a RWB I'd pick Doherty over Coady every time personally.

So would I. Wouldn't even be that close.

It's because he's an attacking FB, and actually fairly decent at attacking. He's just rubbish defensively, which is kind of his main job.

Yep, the Whoscored metrics are all over the place for defenders. All their teams look faintly nonsensical.

He's borderline ok at attacking when he puts his mind to it, he can pass and shoot. Can't really cross and constantly tries that stupid little ball inside the full back which runs out for a goal kick 95% of the time. Can't beat a man on the outside for pace or anyone for skill, when he was playing on the left it was incredibly obvious what he was going to do every time and eventually teams worked it out.

Marshall is going to be a way better fit for us at RWB, hopefully German Phil will be as well.

I reckon we will be back in for him.

He's already here with his funky hair.

WOLVES.jpg

German Phil II will play on the other side if we get him.

Oh! I thought you meant Phil Heise. Too many German Phils.

I've already circulated it to every Football League club, there's a brilliant left back on offer, we don't need him now as we've bought one and we're after another.

:icon_biggrin:

All the offers are conspicuous by their absence ...

Last edited:
Could we see Coady as a central defender under Nuno.. He hasnt done too badly in both games..

Can see him there, the best I saw him play last season was when he dropped back from midfield to cover at CB (think an injury to Hause with no cover on the bench) - that may have been as a comparison as to how he played in midfield & just looked good in comparison

Went at CH vs Boro in 2015/16 when Hause went off. He did ok individually but Ken decided to play the rest of the game as if we had 10 men and we lost. Shouldn't have really.

Went at CH vs Boro in 2015/16 when Hause went off. He did ok individually but Ken decided to play the rest of the game as if we had 10 men and we lost. Shouldn't have really.

Could have sworn it was last season - just proves that time speeds up as you age

Back