• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

It's depressing that teams like Swansea and Leicester are our glamour friendlies, looking forward to Bournemouth next year. Yes, I know I'm being an old fart.

To be fair, Leicester City won the Premier League last season and reached the quarter finals of this years champions league, going further than any other English club. So personally I think we did well to secure this game.

To be fair, Leicester City won the Premier League last season and reached the quarter finals of this years champions league, going further than any other English club. So personally I think we did well to secure this game.
You are missing my point

I think he was getting at the fact it's frustrating that clubs like Leicester, Bournemouth and Swansea are now fully established, successful Premier League clubs when we're still loitering around in the middle of the Championship.

In fairness Leicester have played far, far more Premier League football than us in the last 25 years. It's not just a really recent thing with them.

I'd dispute that anyone of that ilk can ever be seriously "established" though, you're one bad season away from it all falling to bits. Look at Charlton, lauded for years as the example for all to follow, went down in 2007 and they're unlikely to be back any time before 2027.

I think he was getting at the fact it's frustrating that clubs like Leicester, Bournemouth and Swansea are now fully established, successful Premier League clubs when we're still loitering around in the middle of the Championship.

Thank you. I thought the reference was about the status of the teams we play in pre season games.

In fairness Leicester have played far, far more Premier League football than us in the last 25 years. It's not just a really recent thing with them.

I'd dispute that anyone of that ilk can ever be seriously "established" though, you're one bad season away from it all falling to bits. Look at Charlton, lauded for years as the example for all to follow, went down in 2007 and they're unlikely to be back any time before 2027.

Suppose you could say you're "one bad season away" from relegation about anyone. For all intents & purposes, Leicester, Bournemouth & Swansea are 'established'. Though, like this season, all three are just as likely to flirt with the bottom three as they are have a push for a Europa league finish.

Same with Stoke. Fully established IMO, but could genuinely be in a relegation fight next season or pushing for a top 10 finish, on the flip of a coin.

Whatever we say about this type of club, in recent history they are a lot more successful than Wolves - which is a shame, given our history. My guess is that's what TT was alluding to in his earlier post.

Ah, preseason. The time of hopes and dreams.

Suppose you could say you're "one bad season away" from relegation about anyone. For all intents & purposes, Leicester, Bournemouth & Swansea are 'established'. Though, like this season, all three are just as likely to flirt with the bottom three as they are have a push for a Europa league finish.

Same with Stoke. Fully established IMO, but could genuinely be in a relegation fight next season or pushing for a top 10 finish, on the flip of a coin.

Whatever we say about this type of club, in recent history they are a lot more successful than Wolves - which is a shame, given our history. My guess is that's what TT was alluding to in his earlier post.

It was, we don't have a divine right to anything and wasn't supposed to be a wimabigclub comment, just saddens me how so many of the PL clubs aren't those which I would traditionally associate with being larger than Wolves but on the field are doing better. I'm sure Forest, Leeds, Derby, Wednesday etc fans feel the same.

Moderators. How did I get Andy Mutch associated with me? As a player I was much more an Alex Rae type.

Moderators. How did I get Andy Mutch associated with me? As a player I was much more an Alex Rae type.
Just names given to how many posts you have made. As you make more the name will change to a different player.

(Unless a pesky Admin, aka Langers, changes your user title to something else.)

Just names given to how many posts you have made. As you make more the name will change to a different player.

A0X8h.gif

The more your post count goes up, the name below your forum name will change... eg you have Andy Much but Tony above you has Billy Wright. This is how things will go unless you foolishly try to be clever and use "Google Translate" to put a witty "sig" under your posts. You will then quickly find yourself having that shoved as your Sig ;)

As others have said , it's purely down to the number of posts you have made (unless you attract the attention of a Moderator when you will get a 'non standard' definition attached :icon_rolleyes:)

Pray you get one you understand. I have no idea what mine is about...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The U23's will be visiting Bala Town on Wednesday 12th July.

About time we graced the Maes Tegid pitch. I might take the drive up to that one.

Good test for us against a team seasoned in Europa League action.

Back