• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Player of the Season so far?

Player of the Season so far

• Total voters
The team goal vs Sheff Utd isn't going to be beaten IMO.

Was beaten by the Neves goal in the Feb goal of the month I think (when I voted Neves had 78%)

Neves' diagonal long balls and his first touch to make space for himself makes the difference for me. Never seen anything like that from a Wolves player before. One man defence-Wily following closely, while Jota's period of below par performances in the new year puts him some way behind in my view.

I think we will need another POTS vote in a few weeks time (when promotion is assured) and it will be interesting to compare the voting results against this one.

Neves' diagonal long balls and his first touch to make space for himself makes the difference for me. Never seen anything like that from a Wolves player before. One man defence-Wily following closely, while Jota's period of below par performances in the new year puts him some way behind in my view.

This, the amount of times the blokes around me are screaming man on and he just skips away or moves the ball on perfectly without looking is a joy to watch. It surprises me they still feel the need to shout man on he just never looks in trouble.

Went for Jota earlier as he was the player that got me off my seat & the hair standing up at the back of my neck when he was on the ball.

Has not moved on as much in recent weeks, though still an exciting player.

On balance would now go for Boly - the best defender in this division & he still appears to be playing only in second gear

Yeah that was back in January IIRC. Hence it doesn't have any of his recent stuff in it.

It will be a travesty if Neves doesn’t get it, although Doherty must be in for a shout [emoji6].

We are now in the 'best player you've ever seen' category. Always difficult to pick versus different positions, head and shoulders the best midfielder we've had since the early 80's though. Those older than me would have to comment on the 70's version of Hibbitt and Broadbent

Last edited:
We are now in the 'best player you've ever seen' category. Always difficult to pick versus different positions, head and shoulders the best midfielder we've had since the early 80's though. Those older than me would have to comment on the 70's version of Hibbett and Broadbent

I'm old enough to have watched the 70's team with Kenny Hibbitt in and I would rate Neves as better than any midfielder we had playing then. And they were good ...

Part of me thinks Douglas should be getting a look in for this. He's been vital for us with his free kicks and corners.

Really don't understand the negativity around him lately.

Really don't understand the negativity around him lately.
As good as his set pieces are, he's average offensively and defensively and will be a weak link in the PL.

As good as his set pieces are, he's average offensively and defensively and will be a weak link in the PL.

Maybe so, but we're not in the Prem yet. This year, game to game, I think he's been one of our most consistent performers.

To be clear I don't think he'd quite win but I do think he deserves a bit more positive recognition than he's getting.

He's been a great signing especially given what we paid.

However you can't just give someone a vote because you feel a bit sorry for them not being recognised.

I'm still voting Coady btw. As much as I love Ruben, he cost nearly £16m. I expect him to be good (perhaps not this stratospherically good, but still).

Back