• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Parliament Thread

Ta Paddy,

what was the mood like in the meeting? Was there any show of anger from the members etc attending?

Mood was interesting. A bit of falling out between some parliament members over some points which was interesting.

Cheers Paddy.

Obviously there would have been no official mention of what may happen to Saunders at the end of the season but were there any subtle clues as to whether he may stay or go?

"happyclappers vs doom-mongers"

moxey finds this polarisation of views within the wolves support at the same time fascinating and difficult to get his head around

Cheers Paddy.

Obviously there would have been no official mention of what may happen to Saunders at the end of the season but were there any subtle clues as to whether he may stay or go?

None whatsoever. Jez was very clear he wouldn't be saying anything that, if public and misconstrued, could undermine manager or players with two crucial games left.

Firstly, Jez lamented the timing of the meeting as everything really depends on the outcome of our last two matches, which would make it difficult for him to answer certain questions as he would like as he couldn't risk things getting into the public domain and possibly unsettling players in the run-up to Burnley and Brighton. In hindsight, the meeting should have been brought forward two weeks or held immediately after the conclusion of the season. Jez' preference was for brought forward as he realised we would all want him shot if the outcome of the season was relegation.

And he's quite right!

Jez reflected on the live blog from the last meeting. 10k people participated in the blog, and 5,475 questions were asked by the those in internet-land during the meeting. Jez noted that nobody on the board was upset by the press coverage. Steve Morgan had been very nervous beforehand but he feels that the event was a success overall. The consensus is that this might become an annual event, and the possibility of it being streamed so you can all see what is going on has been raised, although the board are unsure about that, as they feel they would need to be more cautious in what they said and dodge more questions than under the set-up used.

Very interesting perspective here. Would certainly be a good thing imo.

In response to the overall picture, good set of feedback there Padster. Obviously limited, & the agenda was probably (deliberately - & rightly so) manipulated so it didn't turn into a "wim goin' down" arguement. Which is probably for the best.

Thank you Paddy for that summary

None whatsoever. Jez was very clear he wouldn't be saying anything that, if public and misconstrued, could undermine manager or players with two crucial games left.

Thanks Paddy - And that makes absolute sense, much as I'd have liked him to say Saunders is on borrowed time!

He will say that in his programme notes instead...

Either Jez or Deano off this summer IMO, I wonder who Morgan will back

"happyclappers vs doom-mongers"

moxey finds this polarisation of views within the wolves support at the same time fascinating and difficult to get his head around

You know what, maybe its not just the paying public that he 'struggles to get his head around' but just people in general? They say 1 in 100 people are psychopaths....some of whom are CEO's of large companies. Problem is we aint large enough to have our own PR department but are high profile enough for his weaknesses to be exposed. Empathy and people skills clearly aren't his thing, they never have been and never will be so IMO......we need a new man at the top! What I will say is that at least with Jez I know what his skill set is, unlike the first team coach/manager.

Having met the bloke a few times now I think that is wide of the mark. He empathises with how pissed off we are massively. He just can't do a lot about it.

Was just going to say I have met Jez twice and spoken to him. His is an intelligent man who communicates well and does listen to concerns. I think he has suffered from misinformation from people who have never met him

haha.....one of the character traits of a Psyhcopath is an uncanny ability to deliver faulse empathy. With all due respect neither of you have the first clue whether he actually gives a shit or not. What i will say is that people dont get to where Jez is in Society without treading on a few toes along the way, highly paid executives dont tend to care much about your average Joe.

Sorry, I'm being a little hyperbolic with the whole Pshyco thing but that asside I fail to see where I'm wide of the mark on anything i have said.
He isnt great at public relations, he would be better served if the club had a/better PR department, he does most certainly have his skill set. What's not to agree with?

I have never been a particularly strong critic of Jez either, neither have I ever met him, he does have his limitations though like the rest of us. I expected him to move on last summer if truth be told.

Tell you what, I will trust my judgement having met the man, and leave you to yours having not done so.

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Perhaps you should have done that in the first place if all you're going to do is get your knickers in a twist and not actualy answer my question. Lets just leave it there shall we.

Back