• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 1/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The table does not look great, three points above 19th and and every team below us has a game in hand (West Ham have three)

Currently three points above the bottom three, but West Ham have THREE games in hand on us.

Edit; ninja’d by PK!

Dreadful lineup and dreadful performance so far. Don't look like scoring in the slightest. Johnson and MGW causing plenty of problems at the other end.

My thoughts before the goal that we were a nothing negative team. Traore our best outlet whilst wasteful. Toti had done ok and they were getting less change out of him than right. Midfield awful as above and then I’m not sure what Cunha is doing and Nunes just meh.

But then they’ve scored so that makes all that even worse. Fuck knows what will happen now from the manager now to rectify it.

Dreadful 45 minutes. Ten minute spell where we looked mildly threatening without creating anything clear cut, but other than that we've been wank on the ball, and even worse we've been completely out fought and out run.

The one shred of positivity I take is that we can’t be any worse in the second half, because we’ve been absolutely abject in the first half.

Pathetic starting 11, predictable performance. We are offering absolutely NOTHING going forward. We are a car crash.

Fag paper between the teams. Comfortable at the back but the goal is jammy. Zero attacking threat from us. We're relying on crosses from a left footed centre back. Traore has done OK but nobody to cross to.

Clearly Lage was a massive problem. Unfortunately I now think that I haven't seen anything from Lopetegui that convinces me that he is the solution to that problem.

We have zero legs in our side.

As much as I hate MGW, him and Johnson break with such pace we can’t keep up.

And with Traore ruining every attacking chance we have with shit passes abd crosses, the break against this Wolves side is always on.

We have no pace, no confidence and no tenacity.

We simply do not have the same fight in us that other teams around us are currently showing.

Pretty pissed off with how Lop is losing it, especially as if we did go down he'd just swan off

Can't really blame him for us defending like morons. This team needs absolutely blowing up and restarting.

Sa

Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - Bueno

Traore - Neves - Lemina - Neto

Cunha - Jimenez

This team for the second half please Julen. Hoping to nick a draw isn't good enough.
Neves and Lemina have been diabolical. Nunes and Gomes in at CM for the second half to actually try and progress the ball centrally.

Sarabia and Podence just passing the ball. The other 6 warming up aggressively so fuck knows what’s going to happen.

Sarabia and Podence running down the tunnel. So they are coming on

Only caught the last 10 minutes of the half but it's not been a great look.

The goal is embarrassing all round from Moutinho's pathetic little chipped clearance. He then gets beat by MGW having a shit touch and stands there looking lost as they play a 1-2 round him, Lemina does nothing, Neves puts a foot in like he's playing against a 5 year old and Sa wanders into no man's land meaning he can't sort his feet out to deal with a shot straight at him. So many mistakes when there were so many opportunities to do something to stop that goal happening.

Thought it looked a pen on Johnson at first, Gomes beat easily, but the boys been an idiot and thrown himself to the ground when he's got into a great position. Not sure why Neves felt the need then to get in the refs face for 5 minutes even though he's given his side the decision and booked the culprit, chill out. Then goes and gets himself a good honest booking a few minutes later with a challenge you'd expect from a League two centre half with no anticipation of a forward attempting to change direction.

After that seemed like Forest were happy to sit off a bit and see out the half, let the centre halves (including defacto ones dropping from midfield) have the ball and wait for the inevitable long ball out wide to apply some pressure. Oh for a central midfielder that actually wants to have the ball in the middle of the pitch.

The positives are we can't get any worse and Lopetegui has made changes that swing games. Fingers crossed we can snatch a draw here and pick up enough points over the next 8 to stay up.

As Jinky has said previously, it really makes you wonder what they do in training. Very little fight, and if we go down a lot of these players will be off which will probably be a good thing because they will struggle in the Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back