• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich (A) 31/10 Build-Up Thread #bogeyteam #mayaswellnotbother

I watched the game but don't remember thinking "wow what a guy". Did he do any more than Coady?

Being as this captain discussion is going round in circles,and a commenter is being obstructive,can I just ask,elephant pyjamas are you the history makers in disguise? His threads always ended up like this
I'm just another argumentative old fool.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I watched the game but don't remember thinking "wow what a guy". Did he do any more than Coady?
They were both superb, and are in my opinion more deserving of their place than Miranda.

Miranda wasn't even the right side of Smith on the goal on Saturday, he worries me. If Miranda's passing range was as good as Coady's then I'd understand the stampede to keep him included, but it isn't. I'm with Deutsch, if Boly has to come in then it should be for Rod not Dan.

Miranda's performances over on the right earlier this season were better than Danny has performed. As I said once Miranda moves back over with Boly coming in hopefully we'll go back to some regular defensive form.

They were both superb, and are in my opinion more deserving of their place than Miranda.

Miranda wasn't even the right side of Smith on the goal on Saturday, he worries me. If Miranda's passing range was as good as Coady's then I'd understand the stampede to keep him included, but it isn't. I'm with Deutsch, if Boly has to come in then it should be for Rod not Dan.

What about your hero Danny losing Hugill for Preston's goal, then having a complete howler for the next 30 minutes?

Picking and choosing your moments is a bit silly. Batth got done like a kipper twice by Leko against Bristol and was at fault for their first by not winning the ball in a bread and butter area for him. However he's also had done towering moments in defence as has Miranda.

It's clear you don't rate Miranda but when you're comparing Miranda to Coady and not Batth then your argument falls apart completely.

I've not seen any recent games but it sounds like Douglas has been rubbish. Would Douglas being rubbish have an effect on how well Miranda plays?

I've not seen any recent games but it sounds like Douglas has been rubbish. Would Douglas being rubbish have an effect on how well Miranda plays?

He has been rubbish although he took a battering in the first half on Saturday. That has had no effect on Miranda though. Miranda's defending against Preston was still class, Hugill got nothing out of him (it was getting his play on the ball that was poor) and neither did Sylla on Saturday. It was only Smith and that's because he's a giant and had one of those games when he came on that he would have caused any team problems.

What about your hero Danny losing Hugill for Preston's goal, then having a complete howler for the next 30 minutes?

Picking and choosing your moments is a bit silly. Batth got done like a kipper twice by Leko against Bristol and was at fault for their first by not winning the ball in a bread and butter area for him. However he's also had done towering moments in defence as has Miranda.

It's clear you don't rate Miranda but when you're comparing Miranda to Coady and not Batth then your argument falls apart completely.
No mention of the City game then, where the country's best strikers and best attacking team were kept quiet, that was our best defensive performance for years.

Miranda was bought to be a ball playing defender, Coady has proven to be that ball playing defender, so i can make that point, no? Miranda's distribution hasn't been *that* much better to make him undropable, Batth's pass completion is actually better! It's been Coady's distribution from the back that's been key.

Batth has been the better overall defender for me this season, better in the air, stronger and he offers a far greater goal threat. Miranda was great against Villa, aside from that he's been ok but with some poor games too, Batth has been more consistent, and add in Batth being captain I'd drop Miranda if we are to play Boly, less disruption to what has been largely a good defence.

And now more excuses for Miranda in that he has Douglas in front of him, well Batth has TWF's perenial scapegoat Matt Doherty ahead of him!

He has been rubbish although he took a battering in the first half on Saturday. That has had no effect on Miranda though. Miranda's defending against Preston was still class, Hugill got nothing out of him (it was getting his play on the ball that was poor) and neither did Sylla on Saturday. It was only Smith and that's because he's a giant and had one of those games when he came on that he would have caused any team problems.
Miranda being the wrong side of Smith has nothing to do with Smith being a giant (he is 6ft 6) it was just poor defending. Stop making excuses for poor defending.

I;m not sure why you are equating pass quality to pass completion ratios. You did this earlier in the season.

Miranda being the wrong side of Smith has nothing to do with Smith being a giant (he is 6ft 6) it was just poor defending. Stop making excuses for poor defending.

For the goal? He's not the wrong side, he just gets beat by the run and a lad who is bigger than him and a very good header. His marking was poor for the chance before that but Smith didn't score then.

I;m not sure why you are equating pass quality to pass completion ratios. You did this earlier in the season.
And i was told at the time it was because of a small sample size (fair enough), now probably 10 games on even though it's still the case that Batth's pass completion is better than Miranda's I'm still being told I'm wrong.

Yes but you were also told at the time that even though it was too small a sample size that pass completion ratios still aren't a good measure of passing quality. Which I'm also saying now. Because they aren't.

For the goal? He's not the wrong side, he just gets beat by the run and a lad who is bigger than him and a very good header. His marking was poor for the chance before that but Smith didn't score then.
Yeah for the goal, I've just watched it again and as i say if Miranda puts himself between the ball and Smith, then Smith isn't getting his head on it, it was weak.

Personally I'd say that the wing backs being poor will always have some kind of effect on the wider CBs. We did see Miranda struggle against Cardiff when Doherty left him exposed more than once.

Putting the captaincy issue aside, my biggest issue with Danny is that he's almost constantly getting beaten in the air in situations where the attacker really has no right to be winning the ball. I feel like that happens more than once in every match when opponents start targeting him.

Miranda looks a bit gangly at times and has had his bad moments but I have never felt about him that he loses any challenge that I expect him to win. I can't say the same about Batth, not even close.

Yes but you were also told at the time that even though it was too small a sample size that pass completion ratios still aren't a good measure of passing quality. Which I'm also saying now. Because they aren't.
If Miranda had created a few chances, got a couple of assists, or even assisted an assistor then I'd agree with you, but he hasn't, this expansive passing range that you all seem to wank yourself off over just isn't there in my view.

Oh yeah sorry there was that one pass against Forest..........

I've known EP for over a decade now. You know how I never give up on an argument? Yeah.

So you can imagine :icon_lol:

Back