• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 15/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

That was the most wolves thing ever. Throw in 7 yards out, 4 backwards passes to a keeper who slices it out for a throwin ffs

I can already see that we need someone better on the ball in Lemina's position. Him and Cunha trying to link together is painful to watch.

We haven't even threatened their box yet never mind their goal, it's very poor going forwards. Giving it to Cunha and hoping he can conjur something up.

Formation is just not working.

Just for once, when we get a free kick 5 yards or 10 yards in our own half, can we threaten their penalty box?

We haven't even threatened their box yet never mind their goal, it's very poor going forwards. Giving it to Cunha and hoping he can conjur something up.

Agreed. We look devoid of any footballing prowess.

And I’m not entirely sure we play a system currently that suits JSL - he’s pretty immobile.

It is as I feared. Gaps and spaces everywhere. We seem rushed when we have the ball and they seem to have plenty of time.

Agreed. We look devoid of any footballing prowess.

And I’m not entirely sure we play a system currently that suits JSL - he’s pretty immobile.
I don't see anything from Larsen yet other than occasionally holding the ball up and laying it off.

So far Sasa looked a better player when he was fit as he is a bit more mobile and is better on the ball when dropping deep/wide.

I don't see anything from Larsen yet other than occasionally holding the ball up and laying it off.

So far Sasa looked a better player when he was fit as he is a bit more mobile and is better on the ball when dropping deep/wide.

He’s the new Harvard Flo.

Other than Cunha there's nobody on the pitch who can pick & weight a pass. Plan seems to be bumble into the box down the right and hope the attacking prowess of Semedo & Lemina can find a pull back.

Newcastle aren't much better either

Told you Lemina pushing forwards was shit!!!!

Super Mario.

Best thing JSL has done rolling Burn and putting in a decent cross.

Nice dummy from Joao too.

Lovely goal. Attacking prowess of Lemina eh :p (I was mid typing a post that we looked makeshift with him so often the attacking option, but he did great there). Great counter attacking goal. Lovely from Larson and Gomes.

Well i was going to comment on not seeing it, re strand larsen, and jaoa and lemina not being at it, but i'll shut the fuck up now. 😂

Super Mezzala Mario 😉

He's pretty much doing the same role Nunes used to play for us. Pushed up slightly wide in the half spaces between Newcastle's lines.

I don't like it personally as hes5not good enough on the ball, but when it works it looks great, like the goal.

Back