• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 15/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

We've definitely pushed Newcastle back these last 10 mins. Giving us more space to get at them through midfield.

Bellegarde needs to up his game 2nd half as he's been pretty anonymous so far.

Boring game of chess first 30 which actually made a nice change after the basketball madness we've got used to.

Andre is the nuts - enables us to set up very differently and we've got more control as the game has progressed.

Love Larsen too - wins everything, works very hard and is quite happy with a physical battle.

Credit to O'Neil and the players for turning that around and getting some snap into it. Excellent goal and Lemina should have at least hit the target with his second effort. Good work by Larsen, a neat step over from Gomes and a simple finish is the difference. Nice to see Gordon getting a bit of a kicking, the baby. At least he doesn't dive as much as he once did.

They will still score given how open we allow ourselves to be and I do wish we'd stop fiddling the ball back to Johnstone to whack up. I'll take 1-0 at H/T and just hope we can grab another one or two.

Andre has been very good after a quiet first 10 minutes. Brilliant goal. Anthony Gordon has been their best player, not bad for Claire Balding on heroin.

Andre has been very good after a quiet first 10 minutes.
Absolutely this. Once Newcastle's midfield started to drop a little deeper he came into the game superbly and started to show his passing range.

Let's not blow smoke up their assets though, we were dreadful the first 30 mins and Newcastle were passing through us regularly. Fair play to them for pushing on and taking the game to Newcastle though. Not sure whether GON made a small adjustment but I did notice that Cunha and Lemina started swapping roles more down that right channel.

Triple sub for Newcastle. Isak off which helps hopefully.

Tonali, Barnes and Willock on.

Gordon through the middle, Barnes wide left then.

Back