• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Have faith Joel. We'll be improving this team not dismantling it.

I think we'll unquestionably be improving the team. We could well see both Arsenal and Chelsea slipping back next year and have a real shot at the top six. I think we'll certainly upgrade Costa and Cav, bring a new defender in & probably competition for RWB

It's a bad error for the goal (not that it should go in anyway) but otherwise he was ok.

Raul was probably actually our worst player last night. Then Neves.

Not sure about that. I thought Doherty was poor. Ended up in bad positions when Newcastle attacked us and had a very poor miss in front of goal.

What Bizarro world is this where I'm defending Doc...

It should be a penalty. Anywhere else on the pitch you get a free kick for a high boot. I don't expect anything else off his defending, it is what it is, it's never going to improve from this point (which is already 50000% better than it was two years ago).

What Bizarro world is this where I'm defending Doc...

It should be a penalty. Anywhere else on the pitch you get a free kick for a high boot. I don't expect anything else off his defending, it is what it is, it's never going to improve from this point (which is already 50000% better than it was two years ago).

Not for me, Doherty stoops into a fair bit so whilst there's chance of some nasty contact it's not like the defender is throwing his foot up into a really stupid position.

Alan Parry mentioned the high boot on Doc's header, but personally I think he was stooping enough for it not to be given.

As you say though, anywhere else on the pitch and the ref has no qualms about blowing for it.

Alan Parry mentioned the high boot on Doc's header, but personally I think he was stooping enough for it not to be given.

As you say though, anywhere else on the pitch and the ref has no qualms about blowing for it.

It was the sort of challenge anywhere else on the pitch it would probably have been given as a foul - when it's a possible penalty the Ref often use a lot more caution

Have faith Joel. We'll be improving this team not dismantling it.

I always believe, but can be a tad pessimistic even so. Rob can attest to this. From 8 to 80 and back again in minutes. Ah... football.

From about 23:50, this is quality. Oh the pain and the agony, the anger then despair :goal: :rage: :icon_lol:

From about 23:50, this is quality. Oh the pain and the agony, the anger then despair :goal: :rage: :icon_lol:

Genuinely astonishing at the number of people who do not understand the concept of a minimum amount of added time. Goons.

On Boly, his positioning can be wonky and he sometimes gets too fancy. He also seems to get a free pass for lumping the ball forward aimlessly which he does do at times.

With that in mind, he is still an absolute beast in our system and his ability to play as wide as a de facto left back (how many times do we see him hugging the touchline when he brings the ball forward?) is essential to us. He is absolutely irreplaceable for us at the moment and he has earned that.

How difficult is it to understand that it's a minimum of 4 mins then when you sub the player off furthest away from the bench who then walks off you are adding to it? Kluivert, Shearer, these chaps all saying the same thing. It's just bollocks.

How difficult is it to understand that it's a minimum of 4 mins then when you sub the player off furthest away from the bench who then walks off you are adding to it. Kluivert, Shearer, these chaps all saying the same thing. It's just bollocks.

Because too often refs seem to treat it as a maximum and don't properly add on time for stoppages that occur during stoppage time. At least that's how it seems to me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/12/isaac-hayden-struggling-see-wolves-seventh-league/

I'm struggling to see how you're a professional footballer, you clogging twat.
At least he backs it up with this

"But the table doesn't lie, they have done well against other good teams, so they deserve to be where they are"

Clearly he thinks Newcastle are as good as us...but instead of being confused by us he should look at Rafa the Fraud as to why he is involved in a relegation fight.

we didn't play well against them either time, so on one hand I can see why he'd say that

on the other hand, I mean come on... our other results are why. if we're that bad/even the question is, why aren't they 6th or 8th?

Seriously clearly shows that Rafa’s rhetoric runs through the club. If they’d held on it would have been comments like it’s great to come and win against a side playing so well etc. For starters we don’t park the bus every time we play a side above us in the table.
Also sign of a good side is one that picks up points when not at their best.

Back