• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Tim has favourites, same as on here people have favourites. That spills out into their his/there comments as you’d expect.

Now the beef occurs because his favourites are different to people on here -> disagreement

I'm with the folks who think Boly is a bit hit and miss, don't get me wrong I don't think he's shit, he's been excellent for almost 2 seasons and is fine for now. I was getting frustrated first half especially as he gave the ball away a number of times with sloppy passes. We are better with him but think we will look to upgrade eventually

He has lapses of concentration where he decides to try and beat people too casually but other than that he doesn't often get beaten down the side of him.

I think you upgrade AROUND Boly personally. He is a Rolls Royce. With a defence of super high standard around him he is going to look like Van Dijk.

I think you upgrade AROUND Boly personally. He is a Rolls Royce. With a defence of super high standard around him he is going to look like Van Dijk.

Would agree with that to a degree, but he does have the ability to switch off occasionally which may prevent him from reaching the vey top level unless he can train that out of himself

I'm with the folks who think Boly is a bit hit and miss, don't get me wrong I don't think he's shit, he's been excellent for almost 2 seasons and is fine for now. I was getting frustrated first half especially as he gave the ball away a number of times with sloppy passes. We are better with him but think we will look to upgrade eventually

His distribution was uncharacteristicaly poor last night but he wasn't alone in that.

Who do you think is better than Boly in the league that we could upgrade to?

We are sitting 7th in the league, which is beyond my wildest dreams. If we get chance to upgrade any of our current first 11 then we should do it, but to say any of them are hit and miss is going a bit too far. They all look perfectly fine for a team currently sitting seventh.

Newcastle's online fanbase has by far the highest percentage of muppets in the league

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

They are very similar to Everton in that regard. Despite all the evidence they think there a top team and sides like us and Watford have somehow fluked our way above them. Everton fans tend to be better in person though.

We spent some money in the summer, but a lot of that was on players we had last season to make them permanent rather than loans so no massive expenditure on new players (well not massive in PL terms anyway)

Not all were going to fully prosper & of late Nuno has had to tweak the playing system which doesn't suit all as well & without doubt there will be movement at the end of this season.

However no one has been consistently awful even if some have been a lot better than others - we wouldn't be in 7th now (& can only see Watford challenging us for that position) if they had.

We have had bad games - inevitable

We have been inconsistent at times - understandable

We have been really good at times as well

We have still exceeded expectations

Whether we can move on from this next season will be a telling factor in the club's ambition longer term

We spent some money in the summer, but a lot of that was on players we had last season to make them permanent rather than loans so no massive expenditure on new players (well not massive in PL terms anyway)

Not all were going to fully prosper & of late Nuno has had to tweak the playing system which doesn't suit all as well & without doubt there will be movement at the end of this season.

However no one has been consistently awful even if some have been a lot better than others - we wouldn't be in 7th now (& can only see Watford challenging us for that position) if they had.

We have had bad games - inevitable

We have been inconsistent at times - understandable

We have been really good at times as well

We have still exceeded expectations

Whether we can move on from this next season will be a telling factor in the club's ambition longer term
Is my biggest fear, tbh. Next season might be make or break. Must be careful with the coming sales.

His distribution was uncharacteristicaly poor last night but he wasn't alone in that.

Who do you think is better than Boly in the league that we could upgrade to?

As I said, we will try to upgrade EVENTUALLY, we won't be in a position to spend the kind of money to improve that area for some time. Again as I said for now I am more than happy to have him, but I still think he needs to improve on his consistancy.
Yes I agree he wasn't the only one to be sloppy on the ball.
I admit I'm nitpicking really, overall I enjoyed the game and thought we deserved to win, was just one of those nights where it didn't go to plan.

I must watch a different game. Willy Boly is incredible both on and off the ball. Got caught out slightly yesterday but Rui should have saved it.

Plus, the old tactic of getting your CB in the Kenwood late on. Boly was actually good at this! Won countless headers and scored!

I must watch a different game. Willy Boly is incredible both on and off the ball. Got caught out slightly yesterday but Rui should have saved it.

Plus, the old tactic of getting your CB in the Kenwood late on. Boly was actually good at this! Won countless headers and scored!

Carragher highlighted it on sky after the match (caught it on Sky sports news when I got home) Boly was on the edge of the penalty area when Traore got to the byline. Just wanted it far more than any Newcastle defenders or Dubravka.

He gave the ball away 3 times in the 1st half from what I can remember. 1 was his attempt to do a Coady and switch the ball to Doc but it just fell short and Ritchie got to it. Then a couple of passed he was attempting to get to Jonny but he got them wrong. Rest of the game, he as just Willy Boly.

He gave the ball away 3 times in the 1st half from what I can remember. 1 was his attempt to do a Coady and switch the ball to Doc but it just fell short and Ritchie got to it. Then a couple of passed he was attempting to get to Jonny but he got them wrong. Rest of the game, he as just Willy Boly.

Nothing to cry about really. Would we prefer him to aimless kick it to Jiminez throat and play for the second ball.

It's a bad error for the goal (not that it should go in anyway) but otherwise he was ok.

Raul was probably actually our worst player last night. Then Neves.

Didn't think Raul was that bad, just couldn't finish. The header towards the end was a shocking miss. Jota was a bit quiet, but to be expected if he had a knock - hope he doesn't play on Sunday

Nothing to cry about really. Would we prefer him to aimless kick it to Jiminez throat and play for the second ball.

Spot on. If we are asking our CB's to pass and attempt to find players then they will give the ball away every now and again. The area he gets the ball in he also limited space to find pass that isn't back to Coady or Rui

Back