• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/12/isaac-hayden-struggling-see-wolves-seventh-league/

I'm struggling to see how you're a professional footballer, you clogging twat.

Even if he does qualify his first statement he is talking more nonsense than one of my jack daniels induced theories. In two games we have averaged 54% posseesion to their 46. We have had 35 attempts at goal , 12 on target and scored 3. They have had 21 at goal 7 on target and scored 2. That me old fruit is why .

And being uber picky about Newcastle, there have been pretty poor errors from them in all 3 goals we've scored against them. Jota's was just shite defending, Kenedy - who had just come on - didn't seem to want to run, allowing Doherty - who had been running his arse off for 93 minutes - to sprint the entire length of the pitch to score the winner at Sid James' Park. Boly's goal was rank goalkeeping.

We could also mention the red card that Rafa the fraud said shouldn't have been a red card, without realising that Lascelles is never going to reach Jota, and the touch from Yedlin is fucking atrocious in the first place.

So cry me a fucking river, Hayden. We didn't play that well in either game but deserved 4 points. Concentrate on your own short comings, your classless oaf of a manager and your relegation battle.

Twat.

Espirito Santo clearly picked out our right flank as a weak area and we looked much better in the 2nd half after Hayden was shifted further right and higher up.

Wolves didn't play well in either game, but over the course of the season I think you're playing the best football outside the top 6. Had the referee played less injury time in both games Newcastle could have come away with 4 points instead of 1. But they didn't so we didn't.

Thought there was a foul on Almiron in the build up to the equaliser, thought Boly fouled Dubravka to get above him.
That said, it doesn't matter if there was a foul in the build up Newcastle should have defended the cross better, and it doesn't matter that there was a foul on Dubravka, he should have punched the ball clear.

Would have taken a point before the game and while the manner of the draw was disappointing, I'm not too arsed. Especially if I'd been told we'd get 4pts from Man City, Spurs and yourselves.

Fair play mate, I had no real complaints about Newcastle getting a point from the game, despite the xG of 2.4 to 0.4, our finishing just wasn’t up to it on the night. Disagree about fouls though - even Carragher and Kuivert who were gagging for Newcastle to do well said it wasn’t a foul of Dubravka, and Almiron clearly just dived in the corner - from watching Lejeune all game, is that a normal tactic?

Best of luck for the rest of the season - I think your players are better than your position. With a more modern, tactically astute manager, I don’t think you’d be in the position you are, but even Benítez should be able to muster up a couple of wins to help you out if it.

All the best, and I expect to play you again next season!

Fair play mate, I had no real complaints about Newcastle getting a point from the game, despite the xG of 2.4 to 0.4, our finishing just wasn’t up to it on the night. Disagree about fouls though - even Carragher and Kuivert who were gagging for Newcastle to do well said it wasn’t a foul of Dubravka, and Almiron clearly just dived in the corner - from watching Lejeune all game, is that a normal tactic?

Best of luck for the rest of the season - I think your players are better than your position. With a more modern, tactically astute manager, I don’t think you’d be in the position you are, but even Benítez should be able to muster up a couple of wins to help you out if it.

All the best, and I expect to play you again next season!

The one where Costa put pressure on Lejeune in the corner, he kicked it out for a corner and then threw himself to the floor was disgraceful! Surely "simulation" is simulation no matter where it is on the pitch and Lejeune did that at least twice and maybe more in the game

Did he do it twice? I remember him kicking it out and chucking himself down when Donck was behind him. Very embarrassing, as was all the time wasting throughout the game. Imagine giving Mike Ashely your own money week in week out to watch that.

Did he do it twice? I remember him kicking it out and chucking himself down when Donck was behind him. Very embarrassing, as was all the time wasting throughout the game. Imagine giving Mike Ashely your own money week in week out to watch that.
And Ritchie went mental at the lino for not giving the foul

Donk was bemused by it all. It was very funny, he's a big unit and thoroughly embarrassed himself by throwing himself to the floor. Technically he should've been booked for simulation.

The ref spoke to him, but didn't book him too. If you're going to speak to him he has to be booked.

No way did Boly foul Dubravka. He didn't take the high ball properly allowing it to slip through his hands onto Bolys head.

Lots of Newcastle fans sharing a still image of our goal showing Boly's arms on Dubravka: yes, that happened, but the still image is deceptive because his arms are coming down after jumping and barely graze Dubravka for a second. He doesn't lean on him to jump, he doesnt hold him down, it's just a natural part of his huge leap. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the whining of the Newcastle fans they follow the example of their manager, the most whiny piece of shit in football.

Lots of Newcastle fans sharing a still image of our goal showing Boly's arms on Dubravka: yes, that happened, but the still image is deceptive because his arms are coming down after jumping and barely graze Dubravka for a second. He doesn't lean on him to jump, he doesnt hold him down, it's just a natural part of his huge leap. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the whining of the Newcastle fans they follow the example of their manager, the most whiny piece of shit in football.

Probably a decent thread in that - ranking the managers for moaning. Whowhined.com

Lets be honest, it that was Rondon and Patricio there would be a high % of our fans calling it a foul. At the game, i didn't actually celebrate the goal as it went in as I was convinced the ref would blow the whistle. He has top notch eye sight to see the keeper was on his way down before Boly touched him. Normally you would expect the ref to give a free kick in that situation.

Lets be honest, it that was Rondon and Patricio there would be a high % of our fans calling it a foul. At the game, i didn't actually celebrate the goal as it went in as I was convinced the ref would blow the whistle. He has top notch eye sight to see the keeper was on his way down before Boly touched him. Normally you would expect the ref to give a free kick in that situation.

Aye was certain myself he would give a foul.

TO be fair to the ref he got the big calls right, first half when Raul went down in the box looked a definate penalty, only when you saw the replays did you see it was a very good tackle.

At the time, I celebrated, expecting it to be ruled out. Celebrations got wilder when I realised the ref was allowing the goal to stand.
Apparently the ref used to be a GK himself. Dunno if that played into his decision making.

Would have been an interesting one to run by VAR. I doubt it would have been a quick decision either

That's where the question should be 'Is there anything fundamental to reverse the decision of a goal?'

It means there has to be more than just opinion to overturn the decision.

Yep. Quite like the way rugby officials use replays, and the onfield ref directs what to look at.

Back