• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Tbh I wear what the fuck I like and bollocks to trying to be fashionable or cool. I never really managed to be either even in my teens so I'm jot gunna bother now.
Currently I'm in sandals with my shorts but I'd happily where boat shoes or loafers.
Don't like crocs or flip flops (that's sliders I think to you young uns.)

Barefoot or those ‘invisible’ socks?

Always go with the socks myself with anything closed-toe (as per the trendspotter guide (yeah, go me)) but then they are way too hot on a hot day. Go sandals/open-toed to stay cool and then you’re back to the beach look which ain’t no good when needing more formal.
Can you wear shorts formally?

Tbh I wear what the fuck I like and bollocks to trying to be fashionable or cool. I never really managed to be either even in my teens so I'm jot gunna bother now.
Currently I'm in sandals with my shorts but I'd happily where boat shoes or loafers.
Don't like crocs or flip flops (that's sliders I think to you young uns.)
Sliders and fli-flops are different - flip-flops have the bit between the toes, sliders don't.

Totally agree with wearing what you want - people who judge what others wear can get to fuck.

Can you wear shorts formally?

Yeah, I think so. Lots of places allow shorts but distinguish between formal and casual/beach.

If I was going out on a warm evening somewhere nice I wouldn’t want to wear long trousers or ‘casual’ shorts hence the original point about struggling to get the footwear right.

I agree we should fundamentally wear what we like and not bother what others think, but it’s not as black and white as that and at times you have to consider the company and the occasion too.

I’ll leave following trends to the youngsters and wear what you want and don’t judge etc, but as an example of a fashion faux pas bizarrely becoming trendy this summer’s sliders and socks combo of choice is a corker:

3169E66F-24BD-49EB-ACB2-AC84A25A8540.jpeg

Socks and sliders has been okay for a couple of years now tbf, I do it regularly.

A couple of years? Slow to a party I’ll pass on I think. Seems to be mainly teenagers from what I can see but on that point, different looks and trends are very suited to different age groups to be fair.

I've no issue with socks with sliders (or sandals) but it seems counter productive to me, surely you wear that kind of footwear cos it's hot.
When I got up this morning discussing footwear faux pas was no where near my radar

I've no issue with socks with sliders (or sandals) but it seems counter productive to me, surely you wear that kind of footwear cos it's hot.
When I got up this morning discussing footwear faux pas was no where near my radar
I quite like it as I have shite circulation and my feet get really cold

Yep Alan of fashion pretty much describes my sartorial style
giphy.gif

Pad says that as well, they’re keeping him awake at night with the noise they make

Back