• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I have no idea what an induction hob is. When we rented we always had electric hobs and our house came with gas hobs, which we still have.
Directly heats the pan via magnetism rather than indirectly heating it via an independent element. It's neat af.

As a dinosaur, we've always had gas hobs, never had any issue using or regulating them. My missus refuses point blank to go electric (I'm ambiguous about it). I'd never heard of an induction hob till 2 minutes ago!
I swore by gas and I was horrified when they advised an induction hob when I had the kitchen done, I really didn’t want electric. But they showed me one working in their showroom and I was sold and I’d never go back to gas now. Induction hobs really are the dog’s bollocks.

Last edited:
maglev trains are ace, Tom Scott on YouTube did a video on them a couple of months ago, 500km/h 300mph no noisier than a normal train

Ah yes!
I used to do a lot of Chinese cooking, loved my wok, but it really isn't the same on a hob. I know you can do most of it in a flat bottomed pan, but it's not the same at all.

Loafers paired with shorts, some of these cricket fans have no shame.

Always found it a tough one getting the right shoes with shorts. Easy enough casual with flip flops or trainers etc but not so easy when going smart. Feel a bit of a knob in deck shoes so bought some Birkenstock sandals and feel an even bigger knob wearing them.

Tricky one but loafers and shorts is a line that won’t be crossed.

Thought a loafer was similar in style to a moccasin slipper. Not too different from a boat/deck shoe. Googling seems to muddy the waters further:

Difference Between Loafers, Boat Shoes & Driving Shoes - Aquila

Boat shoes are a cousin of the men's loafer, but with one big difference: laces. Boat shoes, also known as deck shoes, top-siders or sailor shoes, often have 360-degree laces, where the laces actually thread around the heel of the shoe.

What are loafers?
bread-shoes-1.jpg

Thought a loafer was similar in style to a moccasin slipper. Not too different from a boat/deck shoe. Googling seems to muddy the waters further:

Difference Between Loafers, Boat Shoes & Driving Shoes - Aquila

Boat shoes are a cousin of the men's loafer, but with one big difference: laces. Boat shoes, also known as deck shoes, top-siders or sailor shoes, often have 360-degree laces, where the laces actually thread around the heel of the shoe.
I know they make me look like a nob but I love boat shoes.

Got to be Espedrilles from that list. Look the least "wanker'y".

I know they make me look like a nob but I love boat shoes.

Barefoot or those ‘invisible’ socks?

Always go with the socks myself with anything closed-toe (as per the trendspotter guide (yeah, go me)) but then they are way too hot on a hot day. Go sandals/open-toed to stay cool and then you’re back to the beach look which ain’t no good when needing more formal.

Back