• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

The Crusaders game was immense, coming out the ground at 10pm and was still about 30°. We were in Europe without boarding a plane

Glory days of it being nearly 40c against Fulham and Lage making one sub before the 78th minute. And that sub was Guedes.
Who was sat on the bench sipping a Super Bock and smoking a Gauloises, the last thing he wanted was to come on and play for Wolves

Is that really much worse than:

Crusaders
FC Pyunik
Torino
Braga
Besiktas (in the middle of their worst ever start for decades)
Slovan Bratislava
Espanyol (finished bottom of La Liga)
Olympiacos
Nope.

Europa League is an adaptation to an existing tournament though. Conference League has been created very recently so we can enjoy West Ham beating clubs that are 1/10th their size.

Nope.

Europa League is an adaptation to an existing tournament though. Conference League has been created very recently so we can enjoy West Ham beating clubs that are 1/10th their size.
This is a very odd hill to die on.

Induction hobs - staying in an AirBnB this weekend - trying to get it to work feels like attempting to guess an ever-changing sequence of presses on a panel of unhelpful symbols.

Induction hobs - staying in an AirBnB this weekend - trying to get it to work feels like attempting to guess an ever-changing sequence of presses on a panel of unhelpful symbols.
Best thing I ever bought when I had my kitchen done. They had to convince me to have one but man I wouldn’t be without it now.

Same as the pyrolitic oven, I mean who wouldn’t want an oven that cleans itself?!

What's the issue? They work just the same as normal hobs in that you put the pan on the hob and select a temp. Unless the pan is aluminium - it wont work then.

What's the issue? They work just the same as normal hobs in that you put the pan on the hob and select a temp. Unless the pan is aluminium - it wont work then.
I have an induction hob. They're fine but you have to make sure you check and buy pans that are compatible. Also if you want to lift and tilt the pan at any point during the cooking then the heat automatically turns off, which is annoying.

Prefer the ease and responsiveness of gas.

Have gone from induction at the last place to one of those Rangemaster gas jobs here which are supposed to good but to be honest it’s a pain in the arse. The induction was very precise and easily adjustable in tiny increments and the responsiveness instant, not to mention very easy to keep clean.

The gas on the other hand is up and down like a yo-yo and you’re always bending down to look at the bloody flame under the pan to see if when turning it down you’ve gone too far and turned it off by mistake, and if you do boil something over you’ve got to take a load of bits off to get cleaning then reassemble which is a load more faff that a quick wipe down.

I know a lot of people swear by gas but it’s lost on me, induction every time.

Did y'all skip electric hobs altogether? Went straight from gas to magnets?

Back