• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

That's ridiculous.

My annoyance is that since 1999 my local pubs started charging an admission fee on NYE.
It is ridiculous. I didn’t even realise for ages they charged differently at ‘peak’ hours. Fuck knows how they get away with it, not that it affects me any more.

A two hour session in town is a killer these days though, bought a pint of Gamma Ray and a double Absolut and coke in the Hogs yesterday, £17. I know I’ll pay a premium for buying decent beer but £85 for five drinks each? It’s fucking ridiculous.

Price of spirits is horrendous in pubs, unless they put an offer on like double up for a £1. Looking around £4 for a single Absolut probably, so £8 for the double plus the mixer. Can pick a bottle up for £20 at Tesco.

Pubs are in a no win situation, and can't see an end to the constant closures and reduced opening hours. Their costs are spiralling, so have to put the prices up, so more people just drink at home.

On NYE, my local charges for entrance but the landlord throws the regulars free tickets in December so it's only non-regulars paying and he can keep out the dickheads.

Yet in a bizarre turn of events, after doing the weekly shop at Asda, it appears the beer is the ONLY thing that hasn't fucking skyrocketed in price. A jar of Alta Rica up 25% from last week, cheese up 33% from last week. I mean, what the fuck?

Dickheads walking around sainsburys with the latest mobile phone held at a right angle from their mouth, phones on loud speaker and shouting down the mic, like they need a clean up in aisle four!

Last edited:
All the dickheads on the apprentice do that when they’re in the back of the taxi bollocking teammates for being shit salespeople and messing the task up.

2 years old. B list teams. Zero prestige. I'm delighted if it makes some people happy but it's not a major trophy.

Trying to discredit the tournament at every opportunity doesn’t make it sound you’re delighted it makes some people happy.

My brother in law is a Hammers fan, he’ll be ecstatic and I hope he had a great time last night. I wouldn’t feel the need to pull him down by denigrating the tournament.

Everyone knows it’s not the Champions League but for the majority of clubs to qualify and then win it is a major achievement so let them enjoy it.

“Zero” prestige? Not having that.

Trying to discredit the tournament at every opportunity doesn’t make it sound you’re delighted it makes some people happy.

My brother in law is a Hammers fan, he’ll be ecstatic and I hope he had a great time last night. I wouldn’t feel the need to pull him down by denigrating the tournament.

Everyone knows it’s not the Champions League but for the majority of clubs to qualify and then win it is a major achievement so let them enjoy it.

“Zero” prestige? Not having that.
No history and merely a way to get into Europa via the back door. The intertoto tarted up.

My favourite time since the 70s as a Wolves fan was our foray into rhe EL which in itself is a poor relation of the CL. If we got into the Conference, I'd be delighted, I see it as a sort of League Cup level competition, which I'd also be delighted to do well in.

Back