• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Big sign in Tesco 'Shop Local, Buy Local Produce....'
Above it were Strawberries from Egypt and Spain.
Next to it on the same line were Kiwis from Chile.
Below it were Blueberries from Peru.
Close by in prominent positions were Celery from Spain, Asparagus from Peru, some little herbs from Italy and Spain and Cucumber from Spain. Something local? 25 yards away, carrots from Ireland.

Sport and how it affects my mood. My NFL team lost this morning and I've been an arse all day at work and at home. I chose to record it and get up as I had a busy day so went straight from watching into the day, in hindsight that 3 hours sleep probably would have given a full stop, rather than me being pissed off all day

Strange how things change! Not looking to 'score points' or anything but believe it was you who once said something along the lines of feeling sorry for me not having an emotional connection to a team or their performance. I guess a lot of the time there are enough highs to balance the lows.

Strange how things change! Not looking to 'score points' or anything but believe it was you who once said something along the lines of feeling sorry for me not having an emotional connection to a team or their performance. I guess a lot of the time there are enough highs to balance the lows.
I think that's a fair push back, I'd still rather have the highs that go with the lows though, rather than a sporting life of meh. I would have signed off all the shit margins I knocked back if we'd won...

That's not true, although I would probably have adopted a more coaching approach :)

Last edited:
Big sign in Tesco 'Shop Local, Buy Local Produce....'
Above it were Strawberries from Egypt and Spain.
Next to it on the same line were Kiwis from Chile.
Below it were Blueberries from Peru.
Close by in prominent positions were Celery from Spain, Asparagus from Peru, some little herbs from Italy and Spain and Cucumber from Spain. Something local? 25 yards away, carrots from Ireland.
Its feckin february. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

I think that's a fair push back, I'd still rather have the highs that go with the lows though, rather than a sporting life of meh. I would have signed off all the shit margins I knocked back if we'd won...

That's not true, although I would probably have adopted a more coaching approach :)

Got me thinking now with the work comment if I've ever found myself on the receiving end of someone's poor mood in such a way, can only really think of one director at my old place who was pretty up and down but don't think it would ever have been sport related. My dad can be very easily influenced by Wolves' results though, both positively and negatively, despite being no more than a radio commentary follower for most of his life.

I've found as I get older the activity is far more important to me than the result, I don't really play any competitive football any more but I was always more interested by a competitive game than a successful one. Similar at work, I'd be much happier looking at interesting tenders without success than I would winning a bunch of dull projects.

Think results are more important to me when it's an activity I don't enjoy, if I've got to invest a lump of time and effort into something I don't enjoy then there better me some pay off at the end. When the activity itself is enjoyable for me I don't want or need to jeopardize that by investing heavily in the results and potentially ruining my enjoyment.

I think it’s just the competitive nature of sport combined with your own competitive nature that creates a very potent emotional force. When you add the love for your team it is exhilarating or unbearable at the extremes.

Watching any sport as a neutral can never be the same, it’s then just theatre. I’ve always had to ’need’ someone to win, to choose one or the other even as a neutral. Borg v McEnroe (for example), incredible theatre, but pin your colours to a mast (Borg for me) and suddenly the emotions are amplified and you’re on the rollercoaster. You’d watch the banger racing on World of Sport, choose a motor and be genuinely gutted when the white Viva got punted out. It’s daft but it’s inbuilt.

I agree as you get older many more things come into play than just the result itself, but when you have a true love of your team, a mutual loyalty, a journey you’ve been on together, those emotions are much more than just superficial. They do get a little easier to regulate but the underpinnings will always be the same. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64651414

we can allow sunak to fly to/from devon, cornwall and numerous other places on a regular basis, but we repeatedly reduce the transport infrastructure we do have, that creates difficulties for every day people to get to/from work, childcare, medical appts, or numerous other social activities that are essential, and end up forcing more people into cars. WTAF.

Bus service in MD is appalling and getting worse.
Essentially have a couple of local bus routes and a bus that goes Stoke -Shrewsbury.

A request for money from a Government scheme to improve rural buses was put in. Government gave £0 and basically said tough.

Bus service in MD is appalling and getting worse.
Essentially have a couple of local bus routes and a bus that goes Stoke -Shrewsbury.

A request for money from a Government scheme to improve rural buses was put in. Government gave £0 and basically said tough.
Shouldn't have voted out your corrupt Tory MP then should you, know your bloody place.

Shouldn't have voted out your corrupt Tory MP then should you, know your bloody place.
We are truly being shown that is the case. Got fuck all from the levelling up fund as well.

Next election is going to be interesting...the Lib Dem MP, Helen Morgan, has been brilliant. Always out across the region, many a time she has stood up in the HoC and raised issues. She has recently managed to save the local Driving Test Centre in Whitchurch. That was going and after the Government again failed to step in she has managed to keep it by getting it a new home at the Council Offices. She deserves to keep the seat.
Then this area is a Tory place and it will flip back soon. If they guy they wanted at the previous election says yes next time, he will probably win it as he is hugely popular. I once had a very drunken chat with him about the Tories...and no clue what I said when he just suddenly walked away from me :D . Many people around here are Daily Mail readers and fall into the but Corbyn category.

Last edited:
We are truly being shown that is the case. Got fuck all from the levelling up fund as well.

Next election is going to be interesting...the Lib Dem MP, Helen Morgan, has been brilliant. Always out across the region, many a time she has stood up in the HoC and raised issues. She has recently managed to save the local Driving Test Centre in Whitchurch. That was going and after the Government again failed to step in she has managed to keep it by getting it a new home at the Council Offices. She deserves to keep the seat.
Then this area is a Tory place and it will flip back soon. If they guy they wanted at the previous election says yes next time, he will probably win it as he is hugely popular. I once had a very drunken chat with him about the Tories...and no clue what I said when he just suddenly walked away from me :D . Many people around here are Daily Mail readers and fall into the but Corbyn category.
Helen Morgan has indeed been brilliant on a local level with very, very little to work with. I too hope she keeps her seat but ultimately doubt it.

YIZ7veU.png

Fh_RQJ.gif

Stop. Bloody. Singing.

It was three days ago and I'm still seething like Martin Jol.

0Ybk115.gif

It annoys me that she always counts them in "1, 2, 3..." even if there's 4 beats in the bar.

I love the programme, but her attempts at comedy are cringeworthy.

Back