• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I’m going there end of next month for work so im looking forward to this now!!
I know you're working but if you are getting any downtime I am happy to recommend some fine towns to visit

Shit. One of my back teeth at the top of my mouth just smashed itself around the chicken drumstick I was gnawing on. Fuckstix.

I know you're working but if you are getting any downtime I am happy to recommend some fine towns to visit
More than welcome to! I’ll be fairly busy but me and my colleague quite keen to explore if we get the chance

Lagoa I think!
Lagoa lies on the main N125 road through The Algarve (I avoid the A22 motorway as there is a silly toll system in place these days that involves transponders in cars or trips to post offices to pay). There is a large island on the N125 at Lagoa - head towards the coast and there's a great seaside town of Carvoeiro, head the opposite way inland and there is the town of Silves dominated by a large sandstone castle that looks out over the area and is less than 3 Euros admission charge. Lagos is another nice town a further 20-odd miles along the N125 from Lagoa

Lagoa lies on the main N125 road through The Algarve (I avoid the A22 motorway as there is a silly toll system in place these days that involves transponders in cars or trips to post offices to pay). There is a large island on the N125 at Lagoa - head towards the coast and there's a great seaside town of Carvoeiro, head the opposite way inland and there is the town of Silves dominated by a large sandstone castle that looks out over the area and is less than 3 Euros admission charge. Lagos is another nice town a further 20-odd miles along the N125 from Lagoa
Thanks!!

I cycled through a village called São Bartolomeu de Messines when I went to the Algarve in 2019. Seemed like a lovely little village, very pretty although I didn't stop to look around too much. Just north of Lagoa I think.

Other place of note was Loule on the way back to the airport. More of a small town, but with loads of shops, bars and cafes for that much needed pastel de nata hit! There's also a castle and marketplace.

Would love to go back

I cycled through a village called São Bartolomeu de Messines when I went to the Algarve in 2019. Seemed like a lovely little village, very pretty although I didn't stop to look around too much. Just north of Lagoa I think.

Other place of note was Loule on the way back to the airport. More of a small town, but with loads of shops, bars and cafes for that much needed pastel de nata hit! There's also a castle and marketplace.

Would love to go back
Best day to go to Loule is a Saturday when the gypsy market is on in the streets and the place becomes very vibrant and lively though when the market finishes about 2pm its like a ghost town! Another lovely place is Tavira though that is in the opposite direction from Faro, heading towards the Spanish border

Shit. One of my back teeth at the top of my mouth just smashed itself around the chicken drumstick I was gnawing on. Fuckstix.
This exact thing happened to me last week, eating a chicken roll. Last molar on the back left, the crunch was so loud my wife heard it from across the room
Turns out the old filling from my teens had disintegrated and take part of the tooth wall
I could only get to a dentist yesterday. Thought it might need a root canal or crown but she did an extra deep filling and filled the cavity and fixed the missing chunk of tooth wall. Depending on how much tooth is gone, you might get lucky and get it fixed with a filling. Cost me 200euro instead of the 1500 it costs for a root canal.

Tattoos man. So shit. Never seen one that doesn't look wank. Mate just spent £600 on one and wanted my opinion. Dolphins ffs 😅😅 The damage was done so I just lied.
My Status Quo tattoo is not shit. It doesn’t look wank. My wife’s and kids’ initials don’t look wank. Dolphins as tattoos are wank, I’ll give you that, but not all tattoos are shit.

Tattoos man. So shit. Never seen one that doesn't look wank. Mate just spent £600 on one and wanted my opinion. Dolphins ffs 😅😅 The damage was done so I just lied.

Don’t have one any desire to have one myself but wouldn’t dismiss them as all shit. Bit like dismissing all pieces of art as shit, they’re all subjective.

Not sure why some people get so triggered by them tbh.

My Son and Daughter in Law both have tattoos, my Daughter in Law has Studio Ghibli inspired ones that are very artistic.

Back