• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I am fine with autumn. As @Sniffer says, I quite like the changes to weather, and the seasons.
I love the colours of autumn. I actually quite like digging out some coats/jumpers I haven't worn for a while.
I really struggle with january/february in the depths of winter. Last year I made a concerted effort to go out walking in the dark, and I have to say it helped me a lot. Wrap up warm, some tunes on the mp3 player, take the dog walking for an hour or more.

My absolute favourite time of year is when you first start to notice the nights drawing out.

The part of the year I absolutely detest is when it's just dark and cold for what feels like forever

Amazing, always wanted to visit there
Cool, not so many people have heard of it compared to Capri and Ischia. My Uncle has lived there since the early 1960s so I have been many times but this will be the first trip to Italy since September 2019.

It was the Italian Capital Of Culture in 2022 and iconic Italian film Il Postino was filmed there

The seasons don’t bother me, there’s something about all of them that I like.

Winter can get to fuck. Screw your crisp frosty mornings. I like being warm!

Ideally I'd live somewhere it's between 15-25C all year round. I think Northern Greece has that apparently. And Medellin, Colombia supposedly, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Ideally I'd live somewhere it's between 15-25C all year round. I think Northern Greece has that apparently. And Medellin, Colombia supposedly, but I wouldn't want to live there.
I know someone who lives in Medellin, he loves it, he's a bit of a prick tbf.

A man after my own heart, hate the time of year we’re heading into.

I have never been to Medellin but it featured quite heavily in the second series of Race Across the World and looked a bloody great place now that the drug cartels appear to have turned it in a bit.

I would like to visit South America in general. Friends of mine did a few weeks in Argentina last year and went down to Patagonia and over to Mendoza and Iguazu falls as well as obviously Buenos Aires. Definitely a bucket list thing for me. Flight from Brisbane to Buenos Aires isn't exactly a quick hop though. Have to go via Auckland and Santiago.

Just pondering the 15-25c all year round requirement that Bear is looking for, I would have thought Lanzarote would tick that box in spades?

Just pondering the 15-25c all year round requirement that Bear is looking for, I would have thought Lanzarote would tick that box in spades?
Yeah just about, but it's a bit barren and not much there other than constant tourists.

I have never been to Medellin but it featured quite heavily in the second series of Race Across the World and looked a bloody great place now that the drug cartels appear to have turned it in a bit.

I would like to visit South America in general. Friends of mine did a few weeks in Argentina last year and went down to Patagonia and over to Mendoza and Iguazu falls as well as obviously Buenos Aires. Definitely a bucket list thing for me. Flight from Brisbane to Buenos Aires isn't exactly a quick hop though. Have to go via Auckland and Santiago.
Mendoza is your place for a constant Spring climate. Some of the best food and wine in the world too.

Overall Argentina is such a sensational place to visit, from Patagonia to Bolivia it’s incredible, and super friendly people. Stunning landscapes.

In defence of Lanzarote, the Manrique stuff is cool.

Madeira, although it can get a couple of degrees over 25° in summer...

Back